911 dispatchers, or operators, pick up emergency calls and provide emergency service callers. They are expected to derive as much information about the emergency from the caller while thinking of ways to calm the caller down.
Once he or she knows the nature of the emergency, a 911 dispatcher is expected to call the agency that can best take care of the emergency like the fire department or the paramedics.
Once a dispatcher has alerted the emergency unit responsible for managing the type of emergency reported, he is expected to maintain contact with the caller to ensure that the nature of the emergency hasn’t taken a turn. He is also expected to keep in touch with the emergency dispatch unit to determine the course of action taken, and the time it will take for them to reach the scene of crime or accident.
When applying for this job, candidates are expected to know all that this work demand – it may seem like taking phone calls only, but it is much more than that. 911 dispatchers need to pay particular attention to detail and to be active listeners. Also, this position requires the calmness of nature and quickness in decision making.
They also need to be quick thinkers and possess the ability to think clearly. The following are some resume objectives that you may use when writing a 911 dispatcher resume.
Sample Objectives for 911 Dispatcher Resume
1. A self-motivated individual looking for a position as a 911 Dispatcher with Texas Municipal utilizing active listening skills and the ability to judge situations aptly to assist callers in the most efficient manner.
2. Diligent and adaptable professional seeking a 911 Dispatcher position with Alabama Municipal Office. Bringing expertise in operations of emergency dispatch systems to handle emergency calls.
3. To work as a 911 Dispatcher for Boulder County where inherent skills in rapidly relaying correct information can be fully utilized to calm down distress callers while providing them the necessary service.
4. Poised to contribute to the Freeport Texas Office in the capacity of a 911 Dispatcher. Offering a strong background in law enforcement capacities and keen knowledge of 911 operations to assist in managing emergency services for callers.
Entry Level 911 Dispatcher Objective
5. To obtain a 911 Dispatcher position with Illinois Municipal employing knowledge of emergency communication at large to help the community by providing emergency services.