Blending human know-how with new technology is what will take you places as far as residence director resume writing is concerned.
Some “experts” may argue that resume writing is an old concept and that you should just walk in and introduce yourself – be your resume. This advice rarely works. Very few people can carry the weight of a self-marketing campaign on their shoulders. This eloquence comes but to a few, and even then, this may not be such a success.
Employers expect to see resumes before they meet with a candidate. It prepares them for what is to come and gives them an opportunity to decide who to call in. It would be a bit too much to have to interview whoever decides they fit the bill.
What follows is a resume sample for a residence director position which you can use as a template to write your own.
Residence Director Resume Example
342 Brady Avenue ● Salem, NH 22350 ● (999) 999-9999 ● takishi.remo @ email . com
Highly effective administrative professional with a solid track record of performance in successfully handling residential life operations. Well-versed in delivering personal and disciplinary counseling to students to ensure their educational and cultural development. Demonstrated expertise in coordinating and administering the overall residential life program in sync with both student development and operation components. Documented success in developing and implementing staff training programs in conjunction with coordinators and directors. A proactive individual who is qualified to serve as a primary personal counseling resource for staff members and students. Well-versed in developing and maintaining awareness of community issues for students through exceptionally well-placed communication.
|• Hall supervision||• Communication||• Counseling|
|• Leadership||• Operational functions||• Budgeting|
|• Coordination||• Academic support||• Training|
|• Records management||• Emergency response||• Creative programs fostering|
• Streamlined student hall procedures by putting in place curfew timings and specific activity timings
• Introduced innovative in-hall activities to assist new students in settling in with ease
• Reduced student rebellion by 80% by implementing a counseling service for “at risk” students
• Implemented an electronic records management program which reduced paper cost by 70%
Seven Hills Students’ Foundation, Salem, NH | May 2013 to Present
• Establish and maintain a strong community with the student hall through the provision of personal and academic services
• Supervise students to ensure that they are following hall policies and regulations appropriately
• Handle daily operations of the hall such as staff scheduling, opening and closing and distribution and collection of keys
• Promote students’ personal growth, academic excellence and civic responsibility by constantly encouraging them providing them with opportunities to excel
• Educate students about the foundation’s code of conduct and facilitate community standards
• Supervise and develop resident assistant directors and residents assistants to ensure proper delivery of care
• Plan and implement in-hall activities for students to ensure that they keep out of mischief
• Serve as a point of contact for counseling services and problems that students may find hard to handle themselves
• Use students’ needs assessments and program evaluation strategies to create vital and engaging learning communities
• Handle facility budgets and coordinate procurement of supplies and equipment
• Supervise building security and maintenance and handle all key inventories
Salem University, Salem, NH | Jan 2011 to May 2013
Assistant Residence Director
• Greeted new students and provided them with insight into the hall’s policies and procedures
• Assisted students in settling into their routines by providing logistical support
• Ascertained that new and existing students follow all set rules and take appropriate action against ones that do not
• Monitored students to ensure that they are behaving properly and reported any nefarious activity within the hall
• Engaged students in in-house activities to assist in nurturing their academic, physical and social development
• Handled students registrations and records management activities
Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences – STATE UNIVERSITY, Salem, NH – 2008