The key to writing a technical resume, for example, that of a Java developer is to highlight the technical skills and strengths more than professional experience.
It is recommended to enlist your technical specialties using modern, technical terms, right after the summary.
This not only makes your resume more objective and search engine friendly but also provides enough space for the employer to continue reading.
The following is an example of a professional resume for the position of Java Developer.
Sample Resume for Java Developer Position
Los Angeles, CA
malcolm.dunn @ email . com
“I am a quick deliverer with a track record of bringing perfect results.“
Highly energetic and meticulous IT professional with 15+ years of experience in developing Java J2EE applications. Expert in the software life cycle, including programming, maintaining, troubleshooting, and updating Java applications. Profound ability to work with very little supervision. Great analytical thinking and troubleshooting skills.
- Languages: Hibernate, C++, C, VB
- Database/Environment: Oracle 9i, SQL, Java Swing, JMS SOAP, JDBC
- Operating Systems: HP UNIX, Windows, Linux, MS SQL, Derby
- Protocols: TCP/IP, VOIP, OSS
Java Programmer / Developer
Tech World Hillsborough, FL
Sep 2005 – Present
• Develop and code the database as per the company’s requirements.
• Accomplish a smooth, error-free version of newly developed applications after running the same through an extensive testing phase.
• Monitor and update existing and new java based databases to ensure their smooth running.
• Develop web-based Java applications for the company that aims at making client-company communication better and easier.
• Update, monitor, and maintain java relevant tasks on the company’s website.
• Combine Java databases with environments like Oracle when requested by a third party for the integration of data.
• Monitor the intercompany web interface and troubleshoot when needed to facilitate smooth interaction.
Smart Software Solutions, Los Angeles, CA
Aug 2003 – Feb 2005
• Incorporated the company’s entire software with Partner Company’s BPM-based software.
• Monitored web-based Java applications, identified any errors, and eradicated the same via efficient troubleshooting using Java skills.
• Coordinated with the management and sales team to modify the existing Java applications into more user-friendly and sales-effective applications.
• Created sales-specific demonstrations using Java when needed by the company.
• Maintained, modified, and monitored the company’s internal database to ensure smooth intracompany communication among various departments.
Oracle Certified Associate Java SE Programme (OCAJP)
Master’s Degree in Computer Science
University of California, Los Angeles, CA | 2002
Major: Software Engineering
Minor: Software Development
• Designing and developing Java web-based applications
• Updating and maintaining Java-based database
• Mentoring junior Java developers