Resume writing for a technical position especially one pertaining to the IT industry can be tricky. Although a professional resume is pretty much like a simple chronological resume, however, the key technical skills and expertise need to be highlighted on the beginning.
One key to creating a winning technical resume is to showcase all the expertise using hi-tech terms, however, usage of too much technology jargon is also not advisable since the hiring person might be nontechnical; so a balanced used of tech-terms must be made.
The following is a perfect resume example for the position of an SQL database developer.
SQL Database Developer Resume Example
778 Cincinnati Dayton Road, West Chester OH 45069
Highly energetic and self-motivated professional with exceptional analytical skills and 11+ years’ experience in database design, development and maintenance on SQL Server. Self-motivated and tech-savvy team player with a passion for technology accompanied by particular interest and expertise in relational and advanced databases.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
Servers and Database: T-SQL, Microsoft SQL, PL/SQL, SSIS, SSRS, BIDS, Web sphere, Microsoft Net, Windows, Linux, Mac OS
Networks: VPN, LAN/WAN, Load Balancing, Firewalling, Routing, Database management with RDBMS
Computer Languages: C++, Java, HTML, Visual Basic.Net, ASP.NET, PHP
Operating Systems: Windows and Linux
• Proven capability to maintain, troubleshoot and reset SQL Database while keeping a backup
• Thorough understanding of software life cycles, security strategies and restoring methodology
• Demonstrated ability of application development as per requirements of the system
• Immaculate spoken and written communication skills
• Excellent ability to work independently as well as in a team
Solutions Network, West Chester, OH | Aug 2008- Present
• Maintain, update and monitor the existing database on a daily basis.
• Supervise .NET applications, dashboards and reports via SQL database.
• Design and develop solutions regarding ETL through extensive usage of SSIS.
• Generate SQL server reports against RDBMS.
• Build up applications in SQL server using TFS and VISIO.
• Troubleshoot all kinds of software/database related issues.
• Assist in data compilation, consolidation and oracle conversion tasks when needed.
• Work with clients to integrate third-party data into the existing database.
• Document and showcase all database features, linkage charts and system specs.
• Produce SQL needed indices for data analysis purposes.
Junior SQL Database Developer
Montgomery Enterprises, Dayton, OH | 2005-2008
• Analyzed SQL server environment for quality checks.
• Used SQL to connect database with other Oracle versions.
• Conducted data migrations from third-party databases to create a consolidated database system.
• Developed the .NET applications utilizing SQL database system as per company requirement.
• Coordinated with the management to discuss business needs and designed database solutions accordingly.
BS in Computer Science (2005)
Ohio State University, West Chester, OH
Last updated on