Billing coordinators are finance professionals who record and negotiate customers’ bills.
They inspect expenses, prepare invoices and determine totals, liaise with clients to ensure payments, and may work with them to chart out payment plans.
This position requires an applicant to be well conversant with billing procedures and numbers as they are needed to work with them throughout the day.
Resumes explicitly written for the position of a billing coordinator need to possess information on the candidate’s ability to understand accounting procedures.
As a candidate for a billing coordinator position, you will need to make sure that your resume highlights your negotiating skills as you will be in customer contact constantly.
The following resume is a sample for the position of a billing coordinator which you can use as a reference to write your own.
Billing Coordinator Resume Example
160 Statesman Drive
Brownsburg, IN 68900
Expert and knowledgeable billing professional with 8+ years’ varied experience working in fast-paced and busy environments. Extremely capable of maintaining billing processes in order to ensure appropriate billing and claim submissions. Well-versed in checking the validity of audits and ensuring collection of employee work time expenses. Highly skilled in negotiating due payments with clients and formulating payback plans accordingly.
CORE COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
• Excellent understanding of financial and accounting concepts
• Strong alpha-numeric data entry skills
• Exceptional ability to organize priorities
• Expert in MS Word, Excel
• Ability to deliver results in a proactive manner
NiSource- Brownsburg, IN
Feb 2015 – Present
• Acquire periodic customer reports to determine billing issues.
• Perform bookkeeping activities such as invoice preparation.
• Determine the bill owed to the company by customers.
• Solicit payments from the customers through telephone calls and personal meetings.
• Update customers’ information in the database
• Research billing problems and proactively resolve them.
• Chart out payment plans in accordance with the company’s policies.
• Implemented a customer feedback system that takes information on payback issues and assists in resolving them effectively.
• Increased bill payback ratio by employing strategies to ensure that customers deliver payments on time.
ABS International – Rockville, MD
May 2010 – Feb 2015
• Sorted bills and invoices.
• Performed data entry services.
• Charted out unpaid invoices.
• Took telephone calls regarding customers’ billing issues and provided the information needed.
• Edit billing accounts as directed.
• Performed light bookkeeping duties.
• Designed a feedback form for the customers to determine their problems in paying bills in a time-efficient manner leading to the department charting out effective payback plans.
• Named Best Intern at the end of the internship following excellence in providing support to the billing department.
Associate’s Degree in Accounting – 2005
Rockville City College – Rockville, MD