Billing coordinators are finance professionals who record and negotiate customers’ bills. They inspect expenses, prepare invoices and determine totals. They liaison with clients to ensure payments and may work with them to chart out payment plans. This position requires an applicant to be well conversant with billing procedures and numbers as they are required to work with them throughout the day.
Resumes written specifically for the position of a billing coordinator need to possess information on the candidate’s ability to understand accounting procedures. As a candidate for a billing coordinator position, you will need to make sure that your resume highlights your negotiating skills as you will be in customer contact constantly.
The following resume is a sample for the position of a billing coordinator which you can use as a reference to write your own.
160 Statesman Drive |Brownsburg, IN 68900 | Cell: (000) 854-9656 | Email:
Professional Summary: Expert and knowledgeable billing professional with 6 years’ assorted experience with different companies. Extremely capable of maintaining billing processes in order to ensure appropriate billing and claim submissions. Well-versed in checking the validity of audits and ensuring collection of employee work time expenses. Highly skilled in negotiating due payments with clients and formulating payback plans accordingly.
• Excellent understanding of financial and accounting concepts
• Strong alpha-numeric data entry skills
• Exceptional ability to organize priorities
• Expert in MS Word, Excel
• Ability to deliver results in a proactive manner
Billing Coordinator | NiSource – Brownsburg, IN | Feb 2011 – Present
• Acquire periodic customer reports to determine billing issues
• Perform bookkeeping activities such as invoice preparation
• Determine the bill owed to the company by customers
• Solicit payments from customer through telephone calls and personal meetings
• Update customers’ information in the database
• Research billing problems and proactively resolve them
• Chart out payment plans in accordance to the company’s policies
• Implemented a customer feedback system that takes information on payback issues and assists in resolving them effectively
• Increased bills payback ratio by employing strategies to ensure that customers deliver payments on time
Intern, Billing | ABS International – Rockville, MD | May 2010 – Feb 2011
• Sorted bills and invoices
• Performed data entry services
• Charted out unpaid invoices
• Took telephone calls regarding customers’ billing issues and provided information needed
• Edit billing accounts as directed
• Performed light bookkeeping duties
• Designed a feedback form for the customers in order to determine their problems in paying bills in a time efficient manner leading to the department charting out effective payback plans
• Named Best Intern at the end of the internship following excellence in providing support to the billing department
Rockville City College – Rockville, MD
Associate’s Degree in Accounting – 2005