Creating a targeted resume for the position of an apparel designer can be a tricky task since the field is quite specific and many skills that usually form a part of every resume may be considered irrelevant in this case.
For designing a winning resume for the position of an apparel designer, you need to be extra selective regarding your skills.
Being an Arts position, the resume must be unique and highly job relevant to earn you an interview. Following is one example of a resume for an Apparel designer.
Apparel Designer Resume Example
389 Harvest Lane, Hinsdale, IL 89223
A dedicated apparel designer with a keen eye for emerging trends in the fashion industry. Great creative designing skills with experience in formal and semi-formal women’s wear designing. Exceptional sense of aesthetics, knowhow of ever-changing trends in apparel, and fashion-related predictive powers.
• Adept at generating theme-based designs
• Ability to lead and groom a new, fresh team of designers
• Well versed in graphic demonstrations of new designs
• Demonstrated ability to remain updated with upcoming fashion drifts in apparel
• Quick in grasping and applying the fashion market trends
• Designed a whole Christmas themed wardrobe for ‘the Runway’ on behalf of Modern Wear and secured the second prize.
• Organized an exclusive photo Shoot of a special collection on the company’s silver jubilee, which paid off in the form of a two-page coverage in the Vogue magazine.
• Planned and led numerous theme-based wardrobe collections with a team of seven young fashion designers and showcased the collection on various runways nationwide during fashion week, 2012.
Modern Wear, Hinsdale, IL
Dec 2015 – Present
• Design sample articles for women belonging to various age groups
• Plan and execute marketing strategies for the promotion of the company’s latest designer collections
• Create graphics samples of new designs
• Organize and monitor promotional photoshoot sessions, assist in decisions regarding backgrounds and model get-ups
Fashion Designing Assistant
Classy Apparel, Chicago, IL
Jul 2015 – Dec 2015
• Communicated original designs via sketching
• Assisted in product-related showcasing and photo sessions
• Coordinated with the team of designers and team lead daily regarding themes and color schemes
• Created graphic images of the company’s exclusive designer apparel for promotion on media
Bachelor of Arts in Fashion Designing
University of Illinois, Chicago, IL
• Graphic designing software including coral draw
• Team leading
• Assistance in Promotional Photoshoots
• Monitoring the tailoring department vigilantly