It does not matter which industry you are working for; if you are a customer service professional, there is nothing more important than communication. And if you speak a language other than English, you have extra points.
Bilingual customer service representatives are hired in environments that cater to customers from diverse language backgrounds.
Since customer service personnel of any company has the capacity to make or break the company’s clientele, it is important to hire the right people for it especially in a setting where different types of customers need to be dealt with as far as language is concerned.
Apart from the usual qualifications and qualities of a customer service representative, bilingual customer service representatives are required to be proficient in all languages that they speak.
The following resume sample can be used as an example to write your own when applying for a position in this regard.
Bilingual Customer Service Resume Sample
4102 Jean Way, Reno, NV 66677
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
✔ English ✔ Spanish
Experienced bilingual customer service professional with well-honed customer service capabilities. Exceptional Spanish and English language skills with great proficiency in translating between the two languages. Strong written and verbal communication skills aimed at providing customers with diverse language backgrounds with extraordinary customer services.
- Greeting Customers
- Maintaining Files
- Preparing Transactions
- Managing Accounts
- Processing Payments
- Making Bank Deposits
• Introduced a Spanish to English translation tool that allowed customers who do not speak English to provide their information in Spanish.
• Trained five groups of customer service representatives by providing them with information on how to handle adverse situations brought on by language barriers.
• Received Rep of the Year award following exceptional customer service provided to Spanish customers.
• Increased customer base by 55% in 2013 by employing knowledge of handling Spanish and American customers in accordance with their language skills.
Bilingual Customer Service Representative
Molten Retailers, Reno, NA
May 2013 – Present
• Provide product information to Spanish and American clients
• Respond to customers’ queries and provide apt solutions for problems
• Train other bilingual customer service professionals to perform duties in a profound manner
• Develop and implement policies and procedures to work with a bilingual customer base effectively
• Provide product demonstrations in English and Spanish
• Provide translation services to Spanish customers when the need arises
• Provide customers with detailed product information in their language of choice
• Ensure that customers’ orders are taken properly and delivered in a time-efficient manner
• Provide after-sales services over the telephone and in-person
• Resolve customers’ complaints efficiently and record feedback
Customer Service Representative
Coors, Reno, NA
Jan 2009 – May 2013
• Assisted customers in locating their product of choice.
• Provided customers with information on products and also demonstrated product features.
• Ensured that the quality of service provided to each customer is in accordance with the company’s policies.
• Took customers’ contact information and ensured that products were delivered on time.
• Assisted customers who had language limitations by translating information in Spanish and French.
High School Diploma – 2008
Reno High School, Reno, NV