There are many jobs that you can apply for in a film crew.
If you are at the entry level and have not yet decided what it is that you need to do, you should probably start at the very beginning – as a grip.
And your resume for a grip position must show how interested you are in the work.
As part of the film crew, a grip makes sure that the lighting and rigging processes are properly handled on a set.
And the ability to do this properly is what needs to go into his or her resume.
As a grip, you may be just starting out, so your entry-level resume might not be too detailed. Not an issue.
Here is a sample that you can refer to:
See also: Film Crew Cover Letter No Experience
45 King Street, Brookings, SD 27934
Highly enthusiastic individual, with a special interest in work related to filmmaking. Specifically interested in providing assistance in working with camera departments to provide support with lighting and rigging processes.
|Dolly Operations||Lighting Setup||Mount Camera Handling|
|Crane Guidance||Repair Assistance||Scaffolding Management|
|Camera Protection||Lighting Support||Sound Boards Setup|
|Equipment Assembly||Set Building||Set Construction|
Bachelor’s Degree in Filmmaking
Berkley Film School, Brookings, SD – 2018
AWARDS AND HONORS
• Received an award for best aspiring filmmaker in the college, in 2017.
• Honored for making a documentary on a local old age home.
• Chosen as the only student to represent the college in a filmmaking exhibition.
• Represented the college in a film festival organized by LEAD USA.
• Remained on top of the class owing to exceptional academic excellence.
NBC Universal, Brookings, SD| 6/2018 – 12/2018
• Provided camera support by operating camera dollies and cranes.
• Assisted in building and maintaining camera support equipment.
• Mounted camera equipment.
• Assisted with prop setup.
• Set up soundboards and wardrobes.
• Erected and dismantled frames and scaffolding.
• Rigged prefabricated dressing rooms.
• Covered cameras using canvases in order to protect them from the weather.
• Performed light repair and maintenance on cameras and associated equipment.
English, Spanish, and German
• Involved in the college film club, as well as 3 other independent film clubs.
• Headed the college filmmaking club for 2 years.