No experience as a production assistant does not necessarily mean that you will not get a job.
Many production assistants are hired at the entry-level. This is where they learn the ropes.
The only catch is that your resume has to be perfect. How?
All sections in it should point to you being the best person to hire.
For instance, the skills section should at least say that you know something about production work.
The academic section should highlight your background in filmmaking studies. And so on.
The fact that you are the best candidate for the production assistant job, even at the entry-level should be obvious to the hiring manager.
You can gain ideas from the following resume sample:
Production Assistant Resume No Experience
90 Indian Road, Durham, NC 48025
Energetic individual, aiming to contribute to filmmaking processes at the ABC Company.
Self-motivated Production Assistant with an inherent interest in working behind the scenes in filmmaking and television capacities. Unmatched ability to assist with scripts, and handle crew and cast. Deeply familiar with handling scheduling and paperwork.
Bachelor’s Degree in Filmmaking
Durham Drama School, Durham, NC – 2019
• Successfully developed a storyboard organizer, considered the best made by a student
• Founded the school skit club, as a result, received high praise from the management
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Pre-production Assistance
• Post-production Support
• Crowd Control
• Departmental Liaison
• Premises Securing
• Third-Party Contact
• Location Management
• Set Management
Film Production Intern
NBC Universal, Durham, NC | 2/2019 – 5/2019
• Assisted in creating and distributing scripts to cast and crew members
• Established schedules and ensured compliance
• Worked with different departments to coordinate production work
• Supported location setup and teardown functions
• Conducted crowd control to ensure crew and cast safety
• Prompted cast members during filming/shooting
• Escorted actors around the filming area
• Coordinated the work of extras
• Distributed messages and items as instructed
• Performed administrative work such as answering telephones and handling the paperwork
• Assisted with on-set catering services
• Transported cast and crew members between sites/locations
• Organized meetings and interviews with channel representatives
• Ensured spending within budgetary limitations
• Booked studios and other locations according to set instructions
• Filming Software
• MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Internet and Email
• Documentary to encourage awareness about pollution
• Volunteer at Trinity Health Center in the geriatric patient ward