In a resume for a USPS job, present your skills, competencies, and accomplishments in a way that persuades the hiring manager to call you for an interview.
This can be done by providing information about your relevant attributes that would be beneficial for prospective companies.
Take a look at the following resume sample for a USPS mail carrier. Pay special attention to the way information has been organized.
See also: USPS Cover Letter Sample
USPS Resume Example
14 Ponca St, Pasadena, TX 77504
rawlstoncyril @ email . com
Friendly, courteous professional with 6+ years of hands-on experience in different mail handling capacities. Demonstrated ability to enhance mailroom efficiency and company profits. Enthusiastic to manage large towns, cities, and even cross country deliveries.
• Route management and delivery protocols ensuring smooth and quickest delivery of mail to destinations
• Collecting money for COD fees and receive signed receipts for all registered and insured mail
• Bundling mail in preparation for delivery to relay boxes
• Working in all sorts of weather conditions, having walked long distances to deliver mail while carrying heavy bags
• Postage Meter Operations
• Postal Products Retail
• Route Planning
• GPS Navigating
• Mail Sorting
• Log Maintenance
• Labeling and Stocking
• Payment Collection
• Attained the “Employee of the Year 2019” award for excellence in delivery services and further commended for flawless driving record
• Strategized the sorting procedure at the post office which led to the management of larger bulks of mail within 8 hours as opposed to 22 hours
• Centralized all data pertaining to mail in order to provide easy data retrieval – introduced it as an interactive computerized system which was user friendly and bug-free
• Passed the USPS Exam 473 with an A+ grade during the first year of service as the only employee to have secured this grade in one attempt
United States Postal Service, Pasadena, TX (11/2015 – Present)
• Secure envelopes and packages with rubber bands before stacking them with outgoing mail in delivery sequence
• Prepare lists and contact customers to inform them about packages that could not be delivered due to holidays, weather or address issues and have been held
• Deliver mail both on foot and on an approved vehicle subject to availability and remoteness of locations
• Set up routes for self and other carriers in order to deliver mail six days a week as smoothly and consistently as possible
• Secure mailbox flaps once packages and letters have been placed, taking personal responsibility to deliver with quality and finesse
DHL, Pasadena, TX (6/2013 – 11/2015)
• Delivered mail to companies and individuals in a timely fashion
• Took signed receipts for registered and insured mail
• Ensured customers’ signature for receipt of envelope/package and gather cash-on-delivery fees
• Sold stamps and respond to questions regarding postal regulations
• Kept a stock of stamps and stamped paper at all times on route
Fedex, Pasadena, TX (1/2010 – 5/2013)
• Took out mail from the distribution case and prepared it in sequence in order to maintain standards of efficient delivery along a pre-meditated route.
• Arranged, rearranged and labeled packages and cases for proper identification, quick and easy accessibility and order
• Responsible for keeping the work area tidy at all times while on the premises and put equipment and other material away in an organized and methodical manner.
• Handled mail that was undelivered and returned by placing them in separate cases and calling the senders/receivers to inform them about the situation
• Followed a regular schedule to collect mail from street letter boxes and deposited in the post office upon returning from the route
High School Diploma – 2009
Bel-Nor Elementary School, Pasadena, TX