A mail carrier is also known as mailman, postal carrier, postman, postwoman (US/UK), letter carrier and postie (NZ/Australia). They might be a member of staff in the post office or postal service or a private company .They deliver mail and parcel post to residences and businesses.
Looking to apply for a mail carrier position and do not know how to proceed?
Well, the first thing that you will have to do is create a resume and cover letter for a Mail Carrier position. What will you write in these documents? Let us help you make one of your own!
Mail Carrier Resume Example
1 Warren Street, Arlington, MA 52140
(000) 919-9889, Email
Bringing exceptional organizational skills and extensive knowledge of mail handling procedures.
Competent and dexterous mail carrier with 8-plus-year successful track record. Well versed with policies and procedures governing mail processing, carrying and delivering.
Effectively manage route information and deliver mail and packages in a timely fashion. Competent at operating postage meters and determining cost of sending priority mails and specialty courier services.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work nn a rotating shift
• Flawless driving record
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Self directed and highly organized
• Detail oriented with capacity to multitask
• Managed a huge load of mail in a single day by employing strategized sorting procedures
• Awarded Employee of the Year 2010 following time excellence in delivery services
Sep 2007 – Present
Acme Mailing – Arlington, MA
• Manage daily operations of the mail room
• Sort and distribute mail packages inside and outside the office
• Process and prepare mail and magazines for relevant deliveries
• Issue mail via service window
• Drive delivery vehicle over established routes
• Complete delivery forms and take signatures
Jan 2007 – Sep 2007
Simpson Thacher & Bartlett LLP – New York, NY
• Retrieved, delivered and obtained signatures for all packages and assigned to UPS, DHL and FedEx
• Logged every outgoing and incoming package
• Kept an orderly and accurate log
• Stocked room with copier and mailing supplies
• Sent and retrieved packages via conveyor system
Diploma: ST LOUIS COMMUNITY SCHOOL, New York, NY – 2006