Writing a line cook resume is easy – writing one that opens on the right foot isn’t as much!
Each line cook resume that you write over the course of your career needs to possess a format that works best.
A resume that opens with an objective is usually considered a well-structured one. And since employers love structure, it is best to give to them what they like best!
A line cook resume objective is nothing more than a mere 2 or 3 line paragraph at the beginning of a resume. This part of the resume marks the introduction, providing employers with a heads up about your capabilities and aspirations. Depending on how well a resume objective is written, the hiring manager gets to decide if you are a viable candidate or not.
So, what happens if one does not begin the resume with an objective?
Well, you might not be penalized for it but it will take a lot away from your resume. A resume which begins abruptly – which is how it will begin if you do not write an objective – is often considered a bore to read. And if you do not want your resume to be trashed before it has had at least one chance to prove how well-suited you are for a position, you must always include an objective.
Some samples of resume objectives for a line cook resume are provided below:
Line Cook Resume Objectives
• Exceptionally talented Line Cook with a degree in Culinary Arts and over 2 years of experience working in the busy kitchens of fine dining restaurants. Seeking to leverage food preparation and kitchen operations skills to contribute to Marriot.
• Top-performing Line Cook bringing a track record of success setting up and stocking stations, preparing food items for service, and cooking menu items according to provided instructions.
• To work for Ria’s Bluebird Café as a Line Cook. Offers proficiency in accurately and efficiently cooking meats, fish, vegetables and soups,. Effectively operates and maintains kitchen equipment, and stocks appropriate levels of food products.
• Line Cook with current ServSafe Food Handler Card and 5 years of hands-on experience. Wishing to leverage my talents to fill the position of Line Cook at ABC Restaurant. Known to provide exceptional culinary services throughout career.
• Desire a Line Cook position at Made Nice. Eager to apply skills in stocking and maintaining accurate levels of food products to line stations, and handling food preparation and portioning activities.
• To obtain a position as a Line Cook at Black Panther Foodies providing benefit of ability to prepare food items according to specified recipes. Proficient in maintaining a clean and sanitary work station, including tables, shelves, grills, fryer, broilers and refrigeration equipment.
• Determined Line Cook seeking a position with AA Resturant. Track record of preparing food in accordance with the employer’s standards and ensuring the highest quality of food. Known for working efficiently in a team-oriented and busy environment.
Entry Level Line Cook Resume Objectives
• Methodical and adaptable professional looking for a Line Cook position with ABC Restaurant. Offers strong passion for 100% guest delight by utilizing skills in culinary arts.
• Seeking a position in the culinary field where excellent cooking and customer service skills can be utilized to improve the company’s success.
• A Line Cook position with a reputed restaurant where skills in cooking can improve patrons’ satisfaction and enhance profitability.
• Seeking a line cook position with Houston City Restaurant utilizing culinary, hospitality and problem solving skills.
• To work for City Lounge as a Line Cook. Bringing knowledge of preparing high quality food items, ensuring food safety standards and meeting special guest requests.