Medical Claims Processor Job Description
A medical claims processor handle medical claims for the individuals and assure proper payment in keeping with the insurance benefit plan.
He or she provides customer service for plan benefits, provider networks and accessible services. Resolve claim issues for members and providers.
The following sample resume contains all sections and bullet points which should be present in a Medical Claims Processor Resume. Feel free to modify this sample resume as per job requirements.
33 Example Street, Syracuse, NY 32644
Contact #, Email Address
MEDICAL CLAMS PROCESSOR
Punctual ● Organized ● Flexible
Dependable medical claims expert with 12 years’ progressive experience in coding and processing claims forms for payment while ensuring all information is supplied before eligible payments are made. Demonstrated ability to communicating to customers in a timely and polite manner. Track record of meeting targets for staff and unit performance. Substantial knowledge of medical terminology, CPT codes and ICD-9 codes.
• Excellent communication skills
• Outstanding telephone etiquette
• Effective interpersonal skills to handle several inquiries in a diplomatic manner
• Ability to provide professional customer service in hectic situations
|✓ Overpayment audits||✓ Dispute management||✓ Recovery of money|
|✓ Answering telephone||✓ Claims adjustment||✓ Flag quality issues|
|✓ Generating correspondence||✓ Equipment maintenance||✓ Maintaining logs|
• Detected potential frauds in claims processing which saved $70000
• Successfully completed on the job training
Medical Claims Processor | Kelly Services, Syracuse, NY | May 2010 – July 2012
• Processed claim forms, adjudicates for provision of deductibles, co-pays, co-insurance maximums and provider settlements
• Entered claims data into system
• Resolved problems resulting from claim settlement
• Performed audit of randomly selected claims to ensure quality processing
Claims Processor | Sava Healthcare, Syracuse, NY | May 2010 – July 2012
• Researches claim overpayments and requests funds
• Followed adjudication policies and procedures to make sure proper payment of claims
• Provided timely customer service to members, providers, billing departments and other insurance companies on the subject of claims
• Logged telephone calls in system and followed up on issue
AS, Accounting | ABC College, Syracuse, NY | 2009
• Microsoft Word and Excel
• Typing speed: 25 wpm
• 10 key proficiency: 105spm
• Email and Internet