There are several ways in which you can write a resume for a line cook position, even if you are a rookie.
At the entry level, your focus should be on your skills as a line cook.
Apart from this, you can fill in your cover letter with information such as extracurricular activities, academic achievements, and awards and honors.
It is important to remember that an entry-level line cook resume does not have to provide information about the experience.
However, if you do have an internship or training to your name, by all means, mention it.
This will make sure that you are considered for the position because you have something solid to offer.
When writing a resume for a line cook position, concentrate on the positives that you have to offer. Here is a sample that you can look through:
See also: Line Cook Cover Letter No Experience
Entry Level Line Cook Resume No Experience
5 March Lane, Bowling Green, KY97021
Highly skilled line cook with a special knack for working in a busy restaurant kitchen environment. Ability to prepare food according to chefs’ instructions. Competent in properly stocking inventory.
Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts
Cole’s Community College, Bowling Green, KY – 2020
• Introduced a new culinary program to the college, therefore, received high recognition
• Led 3 teams of culinary professionals on an inter-college competition, winning all of them
• Honored for receiving consistently high grades in all courses and modules
• Attained Student of the Year Award 3 times, owing to the exceptional academic record
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE AS A LINE COOK
– Food Preparation
– Inventory Management
– Nutrition Standards
– Food Rotation
– Leftover Handling
– Food Processing
The Hyatt, Bowling Green, KY
2/2020 – 5/2020
• Cut, chopped, and sliced meats, cheeses, and vegetables in accordance with instructions
• Handled portioning and garnishing tasks
• Set up and stocked food stations, in order to ensure that all necessary supplies were available
• Assisted in preparing sandwiches, soups, and salads
• Performed cleaning and sanitizing tasks
• Handled food rotation work to keep frozen items fresh.
• Performed preventative maintenance on kitchen equipment, such as grills, fryers, and ovens
- English (Reading, Writing, Speaking)
- Spanish (Reading, Writing, Speaking)
- Italian (Speaking)
• Volunteered services at the local orphanage for three summers in a row
• Led a team of volunteers to provide help at a local hospital for 5+ months