A line cook is responsible for preparing and serving of food items. They are also accountable for creating an exceptional culinary experience for guests. They report to Chef, Sous Chef or Kitchen Manager.
A resume for line cook position is a great marketing tool that sells YOU!
This document draws hiring manager’s attention towards your relevant qualifications, experience and expertise and summarizes how your skills and capabilities could contribute to the success of employer.
The purpose of writing a line cook resume is to get an interview. It is a great screening tool for employers to short-list the most skilled candidates.
See also: Cover Letter for Line Cook Resume
Line Cook Resume Sample
659 West Street, Atlantic City, NJ 05444
●●● LINE COOK ●●●
Kitchen Management / Customer Service / Cooking
Performance-driven Line Cook with 14+ years of extensive experience working for renowned restaurants of New Jersey. Demonstrated ability to complete all kinds of prep work, set up cook’s station, and maintain food presentations and quality.
Diligent and versatile, with a verifiable track record of preparing all menu items hygienically according to the recipes. Provides exceptional guest experience through the best combination of food and drinks in a fun environment.
• Documented success during progressive culinary experience and responsibility
• Highly skilled in preparation of a diverse range of food items
• Knowledge of safety, cleanliness and safe food handling measures
• Well-versed in using and maintaining all equipment in station correctly
• Repeated records of excellence in culinary service
City Restaurant, Atlantic City, NJ | 2009 – Present
• Collaborate within a team of 5, prepare different kinds food items in a hygienic and timely manner which increase patron’s satisfaction 50%
• Set up station in keeping with restaurant guidelines, increasing efficiency by 100%
• Place uncompromising focus on cleaning and maintenance of service station
• Maintain hygienic and fully-organized kitchen and storage areas
• Follow recipes, piece controls and presentation specifications as set by the restaurant management
• Ensure restocking of items as required throughout shift
Management Corporation, New York, NY | 2003 – 2009
• Earned consistently favorable performance evaluations based on great foods and salads preparation
• Planned different meats and assisted on serving lines
• Stored food items correctly which decreased wastage by 30%
• Took and replenished raw food to serving lines
• Prepared food service records and production sheets
• Maintained highest level of cleanliness and sanitation
Community College – New York, NY – 2002
Associate of Arts in Culinary Arts
• Special talent for taking and executing directions
• Able to work efficiently in a team environment
• Works peacefully and efficiently under pressure
• Capable of reading and understanding basic cooking procedures
• Standing 100% during duty time
• Bearing environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water
• Lifting and carrying up to 40 pounds of weight