A hotel line cook resume is a short document that creates your first impression. In order to land an interview your resume must show you as a unique and suitable candidate.
Resume writing is not as simple as it seems. Considering today’s job market, employers generally spend less than a minute skimming through a resume.
If you are planning to write a hotel line cook resume, here are a few helpful tips.
How to write a great resume for a hotel line cook position?
1. Start your resume with a powerful profile summary, showcasing your relevant competencies.
2. Demonstrate your achievements in numbers and metrics.
3. Use industry-specific keywords that have specifically been used by potential employers.
4. Double-check your resume for grammatical and spelling errors. Poorly written resumes create a very bad impression.
5. List your experiences in reverse chronological order and include only the relevant experiences.
Here is a sample hotel line cook resume for your guidance.
Hotel Line Cook Resume Sample
477 South East Avenue
Charlotte NC 44444
kevin .walker @ email.com
HOTEL LINE COOK
Dynamic and inventive Hotel Line Cook with 5+ years of experience in running five stars Hotel Kitchens satisfactorily. Expert in back kitchen management, inventory keeping, and budgeting. A talented team motivator who is well-versed with the latest fine dining standards, and FDA-issued hygienic food handling protocols. Current Food Handler’s License.
• Ingredient sourcing and budget handling.
• Developing recipes and enhancing restaurants’ profiles.
• State-issued food handling hygiene standards.
• Prepping food and plating dishes.
• Managing back-of-the-house operations.
• Arranging, planning, and breaking down food displays and buffets.
Hotel Line Cook
Superica, Charlotte NC
Oct 2020 – Present
• Reduced order assembly time by 30% through efficient reorganizing of kitchen workstations.
• Developed recipes and menus understanding the market demands and consumer preferences.
• Adjusted seasonal menu plans according to the availability of ingredients.
• Ensured continuous supply of ingredients to serving lines.
• Oversaw kitchen operations, meal preparations, food handling, and personnel management.
• Prepared materials for broiling, grilling, sautéing and breading.
Assistant Line Cook
Fine Diners, Charlotte NC
May 2018 – Oct 2020
• Set up and prepared the kitchen prep station and made sure the pantry was stocked.
• Prepared the ingredients for main dishes including vegetable chopping, meat cutting, and sauce preparation.
• Maintained the kitchen area in neat clean and hygienic condition.
• Stored the leftover meals and raw items in a hygienic manner.
• Kept all kitchen equipment sanitized and in functional order.
• Assisted the chef in food plating and buffet presentation.
Food Handler’s License
Associates Degree in Culinary Arts
North Carolina Culinary School, Charlotte NC