Applying for your first job as an apprentice chef is challenging. Where it all begins (the resume) is perhaps the most challenging.
You do not know what to write and how much emphasis needs to be placed on different aspects of your personality. So you end up writing things that do not matter much to the employer. And by doing this, you are making a big mistake as the purpose of a resume is to make it employer-centered.
How to write an apprentice chef resume when you do not have much experience in hand?
Doing this is not difficult if you have set your priorities right. Your preference should always be to provide hiring managers with a comprehensive view of your culinary skills and competencies.
When you do this, you have a higher chance of seeing eye-to-eye with the employer. However, refrain from bragging too much as you may not have much to brag about at this stage – and the employer knows this more than you do!
Related: Apprentice Chef Cover Letter Sample
An apprentice chef resume needs to be short, to the point, and informative. Here is what it should look like:
Sample Resume for Apprentice Chef Position
8008 Grangemont Road, Orofino, ID 65456
burtronald @email .com
A recent culinary graduate who has a deep interest in creating dishes of diverse origins, including French, Moroccan, Italian, and Chinese cuisines. Highly developed skills in creating menus and recipes according to the different tastes of patrons.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Skilled in assisting chefs in preparing and cooking food items in accordance to set standards.
• Proficient in upholding food safety and hygiene standards by ensuring that all meals are cooked using the highest quality of materials.
• Adept at providing the overall cleanliness and sanitation of workstations and kitchen utensils.
• Deep insight into maintaining kitchen equipment by following preset preventative maintenance directives.
Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts
OROFINO CULINARY SCHOOL, Orofino, ID – 2021
• Culinary Math
• Food Safety
• Meat Identification, Fabrication, and Utilization
• Banquet Cookery
• Baking and Pastry
• Cuisines of the Americas
• Costs Controlling
OPUS DINING, Orofino, ID
Jan 2021 – Jul 2021
• Prepared raw food items by cutting, chopping, and marinating them.
• Assisted with cooking activities by monitoring oven and grill times.
• Handled inventory management activities by ensuring that appropriate stock levels are well maintained.
• Ascertained the overall cleanliness and sanitation of workstations and counters.
• Provided frontend serving support during rush hours of staff shortages.
CORE SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Food Preparation | World Cuisines
Cost Control | Catering Support
Recipe Development | Inventory Management
Equipment Maintenance | Sanitation Procedures
Exemplary professional references available