Applying for your first job as an apprentice chef is challenging. Where it all begins (the resume) is perhaps the most challenging.
You do not know what to write and how much emphasis needs to be placed on different aspects of your personality. So you end up writing things that do not matter much to the employer. And by doing this, you are making a big mistake as the purpose of a resume is to make it employer-centered.
How to write a resume for an apprentice chef job?
An apprentice chef’s resume needs to be short, to the point, and informative. Here is what it should look like:
Related: Apprentice Chef Cover Letter Sample
Sample Resume for Apprentice Chef Position
Orofino, ID 65456
burtronald @email .com
A recent culinary graduate who has a deep interest in creating dishes of diverse origins, including French, Moroccan, Italian, and Chinese cuisines. Proficient in creating menus and recipes according to the different tastes of patrons.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Skilled in assisting chefs in preparing and cooking food items in accordance to set standards.
• Proficient in upholding food safety and hygiene standards by ensuring that all meals are cooked using the highest quality materials.
• Adept at providing the overall cleanliness and sanitation of workstations and kitchen utensils.
• Deep insight into maintaining kitchen equipment by following preset preventative maintenance directives.
Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts
OROFINO CULINARY SCHOOL, Orofino, ID – 2021
• Culinary Math
• Food Safety
• Meat Identification, Fabrication, and Utilization
• Banquet Cookery
• Baking and Pastry
• Cuisines of the Americas
• Costs Controlling
CORE SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Food Preparation | World Cuisines
Cost Control | Catering Support
Recipe Development | Inventory Management
Equipment Maintenance | Sanitation Procedures
Opus Dining, Orofino, ID
Jan 2023 – May 2023
• Prepared raw food items by cutting, chopping, and marinating them.
• Assisted with cooking activities by monitoring oven and grill times.
• Handled inventory management activities by ensuring that appropriate stock levels are well maintained.
• Ensured the overall cleanliness and sanitation of workstations and counters.
• Provided front-end serving support during rush hours of staff shortages.
• Attention to Detail
• Written and Verbal Communication
• Customer Service
• Ability to follow instructions
Exemplary professional references are available