Pipefitters fulfill customers’ need for electricity and cooling and heating systems by installing high and low-pressure pipe systems.
Apart from this, they install control systems that are necessary for regulating the heat and cooling of a building.
Being one of the highest paying construction jobs, pipefitters work in many different types of environments, i.e., industrial, commercial and residential.
In order to get a job, pipefitters usually need training in this field; some employers may demand pipefitters to be license holders to qualify for the position.
Resumes for the pipefitter positions need to be entirely tailored to the job description which means you will need to specify your knowledge of assembling and installing pipe systems.
Take a look at the following sample which will assist you in building/updating your resume for the pipefitter job.
Related: Pipefitter Cover Letter
Pipefitter Resume Example
4526 Barrow Street, Plaquemine, LA 63000
Self-motivated and energetic Pipefitter with 5+ years’ hands-on experience in installing, repairing, and maintaining pipe systems, supports, and pneumatic equipment. Well-versed in assembling pipe for steam, sprinkling, heating, and cooling.
Extremely competent at reading and interpreting drawings and blueprints, cutting and threading pipes to suitable shapes and sizes, testing pipe systems for leaks using complex testing equipment, and installing pipe systems onboard vessels by incorporating safety measures.
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Pipe system layout configuration
• Pipe size and length selection
• Brackets, clamps, and welding equipment
• Ordering suitable pipes and materials
• Cracks and leaks repairing
• Saw and cut torch
MAR INCORPORATED, Plaquemine, LA
Jun 2016 – Present
• Introduced a system that takes necessary blueprint data and lays out full-scale drawings of pipe systems.
• Modified an extremely complex piping system of a 16th-century building in time for its opening for tourism purposes.
• Averted a possibly disastrous situation by performing in-time maintenance activities.
• Trained nine new hires as pipefitters over a period of two years.
• Determine layout requirements by reading and interpreting blueprints.
• Plan pipe system layouts in accordance with specifications.
• Cut openings in walls, ceilings, and floors to install pipe systems.
• Cut and hammer pipes to appropriate specifications.
• Assemble pipes and tubes by welding and soldering.
• Attach pipes to walls, structures, and fixtures.
• Inspect and test pipe systems to ensure safety.
• Modify and clean pipe systems and ensure preventative maintenance activities.
AAA COMPANY, Plaquemine, LA
May 2010 – May 2016
• Assisted in cutting and soldering pipes in the appropriate places.
• Altered and fabricated different kinds of pipes.
• Tested and installed pipes according to specifications.
• Assisted in repairing leaks and making adjustments to pipe systems.
• Maintained tools and equipment used in fitting pipe systems.
Completed 1000 hours of on-the-job pipefitting training
Passed “A” Class Pipefitter’s Test
High School Graduate
SOME SCHOOL, Plaquemine, LA – 2008