Pipefitters fulfill customers’ need for electricity and cooling and heating systems by installing high and low-pressure pipe systems.
Apart from this, they install control systems that are necessary for regulating heat and cooling of a building.
Being one of the highest paying construction jobs, pipefitters work in many different types of environments, i.e., industrial, commercial and residential.
In order to get a job, pipefitters usually need training in this field; some employers may demand pipefitters to be license holders to qualify for the position.
Resumes for pipefitter position need to be entirely tailored to the job description which means you will need to specify your knowledge of assembling and installing pipe systems.
Take a look at the following sample which will assist you in building/updating your resume for pipefitter job.
See also: Pipefitter Cover Letter
Pipefitter Resume Sample
4526 Barrow Street, Plaquemine, LA 63000
Cellular: (999) 999-9999, Email:
Self-motivated and energetic Pipefitter with 5+ years’ hands-on experience in installing, repairing and maintaining pipe systems, supports, and pneumatic equipment. Well versed in assembling pipe for steam, sprinkling, heating, and cooling.
Extremely competent at reading and interpreting drawings and blueprints, cutting and threading pipes to suitable shapes and sizes, testing pipe systems for leaks using complex testing equipment, and installing pipe systems on board vessels by incorporating safety measures.
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
|• Pipe system layout configuration|
• Pipe size and length selection
• Brackets, clamps and welding equipment
|• Ordering suitable pipes and materials|
• Cracks and leaks repairing
• Saw and cutting torch
MAR INCORPORATED, Plaquemine, LA | Jun 2011 – Present
• Introduce a system which takes necessary blueprint data and lays out full-scale drawings of pipe systems.
• Modify an extremely complex piping system of a 16th-century building in time for its opening for tourism purposes.
• Avert a possible disastrous situation by performing in-time maintenance activities.
• Train nine new hires as pipefitters over a period of two years.
• Determine layout requirements by reading and interpreting blueprints.
• Plan pipe system layouts in accordance with specifications.
• Cut openings in walls, ceilings, and floors to install pipe systems.
• Cut and hammer pipes to appropriate specifications.
• Assemble pipes and tubes by welding and soldering.
• Attach pipes to walls, structures, and fixtures.
• Inspect and test pipe systems to ensure safety.
• Modify and clean pipe systems and ensure preventative maintenance activities.
AAA COMPANY, Plaquemine, LA | May 2010 – May 2011
• Assisted in cutting and soldering pipes on appropriate places.
• Altered and fabricated different kinds of pipes.
• Tested and installed pipes according to specifications.
• Assisted in repairing leaks and making adjustments to pipe systems.
• Maintained tools and equipment used in fitting pipe systems.
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Completed 1000 hours of on-the-job pipefitting training
Passed “A” Class Pipefitter’s Test
High School Graduate
SOME SCHOOL, Plaquemine, LA – 2008