How to Write a Professional Resume for Construction Management Job?
A construction management resume must use some relevant keywords to grab the attention of the employer. On the other hand, using too much jargon or keywords can also be harmful. Be moderate in your choice of key terms.
Resume formatting is something often undermined by most candidates. The truth is wide margins, clear and comprehendible font styles, and readable font sizes help to create a better impression.
Believe it or not, even the type of paper used for printing has its place!
Write concisely and clearly and format your resume appropriately.
Leave ample space between two sections of a resume and do not send a document that demonstrates confusion; a clearly written resume reflects a focused candidate.
Sample Resume for Construction Management Position
117 Lake Side, Buffalo, NY 87323
High-performing construction professional with an 8-year track record of success with famous construction companies. Deep expertise in personnel management, project supervision, quality assurance, site safety implementation, and budget management. In-depth knowledge of modern construction methods and procedures, including updated knowledge of site safety implications and OSHA compliance.
✔ Cost estimation
✔ Interior improvements
✔ Risk management
✔ Directing activities
✔ Project schedule adherence
✔ Working drawings reviews
✔ Change orders
Pinnacle Group, Buffalo, NY
5/2014 – Present
- Manage and direct activities related to multiple constructions
- Supervise the work of engaged persons through continuous communication with subcontractors
- Coordinate construction scheduling and implementation, proactively monitoring bidding, subcontracting and progress analysis
- Ensure site safety and compliance of workers to safety policies
- Took responsibility for more than 100 sites at a time, worth a budget of $10M
- Recovered and completed 12 major unfinished construction projects by utilizing matchless budgeting and subcontractor negotiation skills during the first six months of joining
Jedson Engineering Co, Buffalo, NY
4/2006 – 5/2014
- Ensured smooth and efficient execution of the construction plan up till the mechanical detailing phase
- Coordinated construction stages, resources and equipment availability and quality assurance, acting as a liaison among subcontractors and company executives
- Implemented state-issued safety guidelines related to building construction
- Reviewed and approved field action memos (FAMs) for subcontractors
- Completed 50+ projects well under the customer’s required completion time, exceeding construction quality expectations
BS Degree in Civil Engineering
Northern University, Buffalo, NY | 2009
Member, American Society of Construction Professionals