In order to apply for a carpentry job, you will need to craft a good resume, as well as a cover letter. If you want your Carpenter resume to get noticed, you must emphasize your relevant skills, accomplishments, and experiences.
The following are 6 resume writing tips and 2 carpenter resume examples to guide you further.
How to Write a Winning Resume for Carpenter? 6 Tips
- Start your resume with a summary or carpenter objective statement to grab the employer’s attention at the very beginning.
- Add information about your relevant carpentry skills and experiences.
- Derive keywords from the carpenter job advertisement and add them to your resume.
- Customize your resume as per the needs of the employer.
- Proofread your resume before sending it.
- Send a carpenter cover letter along with your resume and other job application documents.
Sample Carpenter Resume #1
782 Everest Lane, Los Angeles, CA 56332
❖❖ CARPENTER ❖❖
Methodical and dexterous Carpenter with 9+ years’ diverse experience in furniture making, construction carpentry, and drywall installation. A safety-minded individual who has a track record of understanding the customers’ preferences and delivering guaranteed satisfactory services. Strong analytical skills and a proven ability to solve problems with a multifaceted perspective.
CORE CARPENTRY COMPETENCIES
Frame Development | Window Installation
Roof Repairing | Cost Estimation
Scaffolding | Weather Insulation
Drywall Installation | Cabinet Installation
Refinishing/Renovation | False Ceiling
Blueprint Reading | Lamination
ACTIVE WORKFORCE, Los Angeles, CA
2013 – Present
• Timely identify a structural flaw in an old building’s framework and repaired it accordingly, saving the building owner from a loss of $60000.
• Install 500 cabinets cost-effectively, which reduced cost by $10000.
• Design and install wooden partitions, structure frames, windows and doors
• Fit false ceilings and dry walls based on blueprints
• Issue cost estimates for various projects based on floor plans
• Cut and build office and home furniture as per design and customer requirements
• Repair old furniture, interior, and exterior woodwork
• Build and install wall cabinets and built-in wooden shelves
MODERN BUILDERS, Los Angeles, CA
2011 – 2013
• Successfully complete drywall installation and roof renovation in a triple story building consisting of 12 rooms per floor in less than two months’ time.
• Carried out maintenance of installed doors and windows
• Built calculated structure frameworks for fittings
• Carried out scaffolding tasks and dismantled the same for various buildings
• Implemented given blueprints accurately utilizing the identified material
• Repaired, renovated, polished and refinished interior woodwork
• Assisted in the planning and implementation of demolition projects
Diploma in Carpentry
CITY VOCATIONAL COLLEGE, Los Angeles, CA – 2005
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
• Load lifting ability up to 60 lbs.
• Strong numeracy skills
Resume for Carpenter (Example #2)
188 Commons Drive, Reston, VA 20191
Poised to bring creative approach, carpentry education, and hands-on experience, to attain the highest level of client’s satisfaction and increase profits.
• 13+ years of extensive experience in the carpentry field
• Proficient in crafting soundless structures
• Demonstrated ability to apply modern methods, techniques, and advanced shop mathematics at work
• Fully trained in the use of carpentry tools and other equipment
• Competent at reading blueprints accurately
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Lamination Work | Stain-Grade Trimming
Doors Making | Windows Designing
Cabinet Installations | Kitchen Wood Work
Dry Walls | Framing (Wood & Steel)
Department of Air Force – Beale AFB, CA
• Constructed, installed, repaired and modified wooden and metal structures
• Adequately performed regular roofing repairs including asphalt, tiles, slate roll roofing, felts and shingles
• Maintained safety procedures and regulations
• Prepared reports of completed and pending work
• Received performance-based bonuses and rewards
• Obtained vocational training on woodwork from the Craft Club Chicago
Tulane University – New Orleans, LA
• Performed regular carpentry and maintenance work
• Completed an order of 500 wooden desks and chairs for classrooms
• Renovated campus twice a year which included polishing furniture and repair work
• Carried out all kinds of carpentry work ranging from renovations to new building construction projects
• Installed cabinets, flooring, windows, doors, roof supports, etc.
• Never received a single complaint from any client
Katmai – Goodfellow, TX
• Provided carpentry and maintenance services on furniture, doors, and windows
• Planned and worked on layout derived from blueprints, drawings, models and verbal instructions
• Used numerous carpenter hand tools, portable power tools and measuring instruments to perform work
Grand City School, Windsor, VT | 2004
Associate of Applied Science in Carpentry
I am a passionate worker who believes in quality instead of quantity of the work.