If you are thinking to apply for an apprentice carpenter position, you will need to build a cover letter and resume for an apprentice carpenter job.
A carpenter apprentice’s resume should be extremely well-written. You should make up for your lack of experience through your skills and qualifications.
Here are 2 resume samples for an apprentice carpenter position:
Apprentice Carpenter Resume Sample 1
378 Lea Lane, Alexandria, VA 274620
herbertmantis @ email . com
Highly motivated with good skills and attitude to get it right the first time.
High energy individual seeking an Apprentice Carpenter role at ABC Company. Bringing deep knowledge of neatly and accurately installing high-end custom products by using common hand and power tools. Always find a way to get projects done within specified deadlines. A strong desire to communicate effectively, follow instructions, work individually and with teams. Neat and punctual.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Operating basic hand and power tools used in handling carpentry work.
• Reading and interpreting blueprints and building plans to gauge work direction.
• Measuring, cutting, and shaping wood, plastic, fiberglass, and drywall.
• Constructing building frameworks, using large pulleys and cranes.
CORE SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
Rigging hardware | Framework repair
Prefabrication | Remodeling
Concrete mixing | Calibration
Installation | Finishing & Sanding
Volunteer – Shop Class
Alexandria High School, Alexandria, VA
2/2021 to 6/2021
• Assisted in selecting appropriate materials and equipment for creating class projects
• Positioned and held panels in place so that they can be assembled properly
• Selected tools to drill holes in timbers or lumber
• Smoothed and sanded surfaces to remove ridges and tool marks
• Glued parts together using appropriate application tools and procedures
• Kept record of materials, tools, and equipment to be used in carpentry projects
SOME SCHOOL, Alexandria, VA | 2020
• People-oriented – enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
• Adaptable and flexible
“I offer a strong working knowledge of job site safety”
Apprentice Carpenter Resume Sample 2
823 115th Avenue NE
Osnabrock, ND 85258
carl.ford @ email . com
Focused and organized individual with a great eye for detail, seeking employment at ABC Company. Bringing understanding of cutting and shaping timber to create floorboards and window frames. Well-versed in fitting wooden structures building foundations.
• Studying specifications detailed in blueprints and sketches to prepare project layouts and determine dimensions
• Shaping and cutting materials to set measurements by safely using hand tools and power saws
• Installing structures and fixtures including windows, frames, and floorings
• Performing repairing work on cabinets, doors, frameworks, and wooden structures by efficiently using power tools
Associate of Arts in Carpentry
LOS ANGELES TRADE TECHNICAL COLLEGE, Osnabrock, ND – 2020
• Hand and Power Tools Application
• Blueprint Reading
• Construction Materials
• House Construction
• Residential Estimating
• Measurement for Woodworking
• Concrete Construction
• Exterior Finish
• Interior Finish
• Computer-Assisted Estimating
OSNABROCK HIGH SCHOOL, Osnabrock, ND
(1/2021 to 5/2021)
• Provided logistic support to shop class teachers by measuring and cutting wood and plastic.
• Prepared project layouts and selected and procured required materials.
• Used chisels, planes, and drills to repair and erect project structures.
• Created cabinets and furniture items using wood pieces and nails, screws, and adhesives.
• Provided students with information on safety procedures and precautions while using power and hand tools.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
• Frameworks Construction
• Rigging Hardware Use
• Advanced Power Tools
• Blueprints Recognition
• Safety Precautions
• Tools Calibration
• Lumber Types
• Building Codes
• Sequence Planning