Resume writing has become a bit complex over the years.
This is because the competition is fierce now.
And since you have to come out on top of it, your resume should be the best.
Here is a resume sample to help you with this:
Carpenter Assistant Resume Example
24 Green Road, Dayton, OH 27645
[email protected] .com
Skilled carpenter assistant with 11 years’ progressively responsible experience providing support services to carpentry projects. Skilled in working on complex carpentry projects, with a special focus on the quality of the end product.
|• Site Clearing||• Equipment Setup||• Reference Points Marking|
|• Foundation Layouts||• Lines Building||• Installation Assistance|
|• Power Tools Use||• Safety Precautions||• Scaffolding Building|
|• Timber Cutting||• Positioning Support||• Preventative Maintenance|
• Introduced the concept of preventative maintenance, increasing the life of carpentry equipment.
• Singlehanded finished a carpentry project on time, in the absence of the lead carpenter (due to an illness).
• Implemented a series of safety precautions to be used while using power tools, reducing incidents and injuries by 55%.
• Devised a novel site clearing system, which proved to be 65% more efficient than the one already in place.
Works Inc., Dayton, OH | 2009 – Present
• Follow instructions to clear and clean work sites, to make them ready for projects.
• Obtain/acquire tools and equipment required for each project, and ensure that they are calibrated properly.
• Assist carpenters in cutting timbers, lumber, and paneling to specified dimensions.
• Provide support by holding plumb bobs, sighting rods, and other equipment, to ensure that reference points are properly established.
• Align, and straighten forms for installation, and cut and install insulating or sound-absorbing materials.
• Glue and clamp edges or joints of assembled parts, by ensuring that proper adhesives are applied.
• Perform preventative and regular maintenance of carpentry tools and equipment.
• Oversee supplies and tools stock, ensuring that low stock situations are communicated to the lead carpenter.
Woodworks, Dayton, OH | 2007 – 2009
• Assisted carpenters by clearing worksites of debris and hazardous materials.
• Selected tools and equipment required for each project, by following instructions.
• Measured materials such as paneling, wood planks, and timbers, and assisted in cutting them to desired lengths and widths.
• Aligned and straightened square forms for installation purposes.
• Ascertained that all tools, equipment, and extra materials were gathered at the end of the shift, and stored in a safe area.
Dayton High School, Dayton, OH
High School Diploma