Your resume for the Debt Collector position provides employers with an introduction to your qualifications, relevant skills, and experience.
The format of your resume, its presentation, and the type of information included in it will decide whether or not you will be called for an interview.
The employer scrutinizes the information in a debt collector’s resume to determine if his/her expertise, capabilities, experiences, and interests match job requirements and how s/he will be able to contribute to the bottom line.
Following are 2 great sample resumes for a debt collector that can be fully customized if you need to use them to apply for a job in this line of work.
Debt Collector Resume Sample 1
15 7th Street
Eads, TN 58021
newmangar y @ email . com
Uniquely qualified debt collection professional with over 11 years of experience in handling delinquent account holders and efficiently soliciting payments to meet the company’s collection goals.
Energetic and assertive with a track record of success locating the right parties to negotiate payment arrangements on high collectability or value accounts, negotiating payment terms and conditions, collecting outstanding debts, and initiating legal proceedings against debtors.
CORE SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
✓ Collection Strategies ✓ Payment Plans Management
✓ Payoff Negotiation ✓ Debt Counseling
✓ Client Confidentiality ✓ Discrepancy Resolution
✓ Loss Prevention Strategies
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS AS A DEBT COLLECTOR
- Implemented a series of strategies, reducing the chances of accounts being overdrafted by 50%.
- Introduced a system that automatically purged all accounts that no longer has outstanding debts, without the involvement of a staff member.
- Successfully implemented a client education program that focused on ways to work within the funds available in each client’s account.
- Singlehandedly resolved an accounting discrepancy within an assigned account, which had been in limbo for 6 months.
Brock and Scott LLC, Eads, TN
2016 – Present
• Successfully prioritize delinquent accounts that need to be contacted by sorting out assigned lists.
• Proactively delve deep into each account’s history to determine past payment records and the client’s personality.
• Investigate delinquent account holders’ whereabouts through internal and external means.
• Contact debtors through the telephone, in person, or through email to provide them with information on the status of their accounts.
• Provide clients with payment options and due dates, in addition to ensuring that they are aware of payment methods and modes.
• Locate elusive clients and provide them with detailed information on the consequences of not paying up.
• Solicit payments from clients in a timely manner and ensure that their accounts are purged once payments have been made.
• Educate clients and debtors about the various ways in which delinquency can be avoided.
Debt Collection Officer
RSI Enterprises, Eads, TN
2008 – 2016
• Sorted out delinquent accounts lists to prioritize large outstanding payments.
• Drafted correspondence on behalf of debt collectors to provide clients with information on the statuses of their accounts.
• Assisted debt collectors on in-person calls to delinquent account holders’ residences and/or offices.
• Created and maintained filing systems and updated records of payments and unpaid amounts.
• Ensured that all clients’ files were properly maintained, in a safe and confidential manner.
BS Degree in Accounting and Finance
Concordia University, Eads, TN
• Excel and Word
• CRM Software
Bilingual: English and Spanish
Debt Collector Resume Sample 2
8 Levato Lane, Minooka, IL 53433
raymond @ email . com
A hardworking and competent individual, looking for a position as a Debt Collector with Dynamic Recovery Solutions where my professionalism and ability to work in a fast-paced environment will be put to prudent use.
• Over 3 years of experience working as a Debt Collector
• Well-versed in virtual and actual collections of outstanding payments
• In-depth knowledge of functional areas and standard company procedures and standards
• Hands-on experience in soliciting payments from delinquent accounts
• Proficient in improving processes and procedures by inputting valuable insight
• Attained 80% debt repayment in the second year of work at FRC Services by using conventional methods of follow-up.
• Suggested changes in the billing system which brought about positive changes in customer payback procedures and time frames.
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
FRC Services – Minooka, IL
March 2018 – Present
• Call owners of delinquent accounts on a monthly and weekly basis to solicit payments
• Manage arrears accounts
• Prepare accounts for ledger handovers
• Reconcile accounts
• Forecast weekly and monthly cash flow and budgets
• Maintain active accounts up to suspension
• Maintain liaison with clients, business partners, and internal departments
The University of Illinois, Minooka, IL – 2006
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
• Established ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Able to work in a team-fostered environment
• Excellent telephone etiquette
• Exceptional customer orientation
• Flexible and organized
• Ability to prioritize work
• Exceptional communication skills