Have you ever wondered what would happen if you took out the short paragraph that marks the beginning of your resume? Disaster. Plain disaster! Don’t ever send a debt collector resume to a hiring manager that has no objective especially if you have less or no experience in hand. Reason? Resume objectives are critical to the success of an applicant. While they are short pieces of information, they say a lot about the applicant in terms of ability and integrity. No. Never leave them out.
So, what do you think happened before the resume objective was invented? It is true that the objective didn’t always crown a resume but way back when resumes were just blocks of information, no one needed to look at an objective. The block was sufficient. However, resumes are structured documents now which need excellence at every stage. A good opening and a solid end goes a long way in helping the resume reach its destination – the hiring manager’s desk. And once a resume has been shortlisted, you can bet dollars that the next step is the interview!
Resume objectives are not complicated to write. You have a maximum of 4 sentences to communicate your worth to a hiring manager, bringing in all that you want him or her to know. Just make sure that you do not make your resume objective sound selfish. Instead of concentrating on what you will gain from the company once you are hired, state what you would add to the company! Examples? Keep reading!
• Top performing Debt Collector looking for a position at PLC utilizing 8 years of extensive experience in handling defaulter tracking down activities and soliciting payments.
• Looking for a position as a Debt Collector at Forbes International providing benefit of expertise in soliciting payments from delinquent accounts in a prompt fashion. Track record of meeting tight deadlines and goals, with special focus on remaining within company guidelines.
• Seeking a Debt Collector position at The Collections Agency. Offering successful track record of prioritizing high defaulting accounts and performing solid follow up, with proven abilities to acquire payments in a timely manner.
• Desire a Debt Collector position with Prime Edibles. Eager to apply skills in strategizing ways to acquire payments from defaulting clients, to minimize the company’s outstanding payments problems.
• Highly enthusiastic, competent Debt Collector presently seeking a similar position with Grover Collection Agency. Bringing exceptional skills in prioritizing defaulter cases, creating and implementing plans to reach out to them, and ensure prompt payments of debts.