Resume writing experts agree that resumes utilizing active voice and powerful action words to describe the candidate’s competencies tend to be more impressive. Here is what you can do to your bill collector resume in order to earn your dream job interview:
• In your resume objective or summary, highlight the best aspects of your candidacy and promoting your most pertinent skills.
• Delete that plain job description from your professional experience section. Instead, use a descriptive job title followed by quantified professional accomplishments.
• Insert a few industry specific key terms to make your resume search engine optimized.
• Remove any dense text blocks and write your competencies in form of short bullets.
Below are 2 well written bill collector resume examples for further guidance.
642 Tea Tree Lane • Tempe, AZ 45611 • (003) 222-3333 • richard @ email . com
Bill Collector ~ 10 Years
Self directed and highly accurate collection professional with 10+ years experience in all areas of skip tracing, debt counseling and payment negotiations. Proven expertise in identifying faulty debt profiles and investigating payment arrears. Track record of efficient bill and debt recovery. Adept at delinquent accounts handling, outbound call placing. Familiar with state and local bill collection procedures.
|● Debt Collection||● Accounts Litigation||● Complaint Handling|
|● Accounts Audit||● Itemized Statements||● Claim Forms Management|
|● Bills Resubmission||● Credit Advice||● Insurance Claims Processing|
|● Medical Coding||● HIPPA Regulations||● CPT-4 / ICD-9|
• Recovered pending payment arrears worth $25K during the first month of employment.
• Audited bill collecting operations and strategies in 4 departments and enhanced billing efficiency by 30%.
• Transcended debt recovery by 50% through implementation of effective monetary retrieval strategies and coaching of the team in same.
FRANCISCAN ALLIANCE, 8/2008 to Present
Bill Collector, 8/2008 to Present
• Compile foreclosure clauses after referring to collection agencies
• Compute outstanding arrears for all delinquent accounts
• Audit delinquent medical bills and ensure disbursement of same
• Contact clients and negotiate outstanding payment options
CORAM MEDICAL CENTRE, Tempe, AZ
Accounts Assistant, 3/2004 to 7/2008
• Generated timely bills and translated details for customers on demand
• Managed active accounts and kept client database updated
• Identified overdue account balances and negotiated a payment time frame with clients
ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE CENTRE, Tempe, AZ, 2004
Associates Degree in Accounts Management
• Expert in accounts software
• Full command on mathematical conversions
• Thorough knowledge of FDCPA guidelines applicable to billing
6673 Robin Lane | Duluth, GA 91901 | (000) 029-9009 | Email
CAREER OBJECTIVE: To work as a Bill Collector for MBS Services utilizing my collection, recovery and customer service skills in order to manage delinquent accounts effectively.
• Five years of applied bill collection and delinquent account management experience
• Highly skilled in preventing losses by monitoring customers’ accounts
• Hands on experience in controlling delinquent balances by managing past-due notices
• In depth knowledge of following legal protocols while performing soliciting procedures
• Creative thinker
• Telephone etiquette
• Basic math
• Communication and organization
• Achieved 100% success in collecting payments from delinquent accounts in the year 2011.
• Named Employee of the Year following customer feedback regarding excellent telephone etiquette.
UMH Collections – Duluth, GA
Bill Collector, May 2007 – Present
• Call and email customers to notify them of missed payments and debts
• Solicit payments for delinquent accounts
• Prepare bill statements for the credit department
• Keep records of collections and account status
• Advise customers to seek debt consolidation
• Receive payments
• Arrange for debt repayment
• Negotiate credit extensions
Georgia State University, Duluth, GA – 2006
Bachelors in Business Administration
Minor: Credit and Collections