A prospective employer who is inspired by your respiratory therapist’s resume is sure to give you a chance at the job.
Therefore, it is vital that you write your resume to impact the hiring manager positively, filling it with skills, and experience information.
How to Write a Great Resume for a Respiratory Therapist Position?
- Start your resume with a respiratory therapist summary statement, mentioning your key attributes, as well as enthusiasm.
- Highlight your core competencies in a tabular form; consider adding some of the respiratory therapist skills mentioned explicitly in the job advertisement.
- In the experience section, list a few duties in bullet form followed by a power-packed accomplishment’s section.
- Mention any relevant licensure or certification in the education section.
- Send a Respiratory Therapist cover letter along with your resume.
Considering the guidelines mentioned above, the following resume sample for this position will help you write your own:
Sample Resume for Respiratory Therapist #1
(10+ Years’ Experience)
56 Up Road, Nashua, NH30128
An accomplished respiratory therapist with 11+ years of extensive experience in treating patients with cardiopulmonary or breathing problems. Demonstrated ability to thoroughly interview patients, and examine their breathing patterns. Able to treat patients using a variety of methods, such as chest physiotherapy, and aerosol medication. Current respiratory therapy license.
- Introduced a unique vital signs assessment system for infants, as a result, decreased treatment time by 25%.
- Administered aerosol treatment to a newborn baby, consequently, saved her life.
- Implemented a treatment response monitoring system, replacing the existing, inaccurate one.
Kettering Health Network, Nashua, NH
Sep 2016 – Present
- Ask questions to determine patients’ specific respiratory symptoms
- Check patients’ histories to gain disease background information
- Create and implement treatment plans to handle respiratory issues
- Restore patients’ pulmonary functions and focus on alleviating pain
- Administer inhalants and operate equipment such as mechanical ventilators
- Oversee treatments administered by aides and technicians
- Assess the effects of treatment on patients, and provide adjustments as necessary
- Handle emergencies by employing excellent on the spot pulmonary and respiratory care
- Recommend home treatments to patients post-discharge
Nashua Health, Nashua, NH
Jun 2009 – Sep 2016
- Assisted in implementing individualized patient treatment plans
- Instructed patients and families about the skills and techniques of respiratory therapies
- Set up and calibrate therapy equipment such as oxygen tanks, and ventilators
- Ensured consistent supply of equipment and resources
- Assisted in the transport and care of mechanically ventilated patients
Associate’s Degree in Respiratory Therapy
New Hampshire State University, Nashua, NH – 2005
- Patient Examination
- Response Monitoring
- Device Operations
- Emergency Care
- Equipment Maintenance
- Blood Gases Measuring
- Life Support Management
- Blood Samples Analysis
- Vital Signs Assessment
- Testing and Studying
- Patient Counseling
- Medication Administration
Respiratory Therapist Resume Sample 2
(5-10 Years’ Experience)
360 Elvis Lane, Lowell, MA 58483
An extremely responsible respiratory therapist, with 7+ years of firsthand experience, coupled with relevant training and extensive practice as a respiratory therapist. First aid and BLS certified. Current License to practice as a respiratory therapist FBRC, MA
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Plan development • Therapy documentation
Care verification • Breathing exercises
Bag/mask ventilation • Intubation assisting
Disinfection protocols • Suction techniques
Artificial airways • Arterial blood sampling
Flow interpretation• Ventilator modalities
MEDICARE HEALTH CENTER, Lowell, MA
4/2016 – Present
- Develop patient case files and implement an effective therapeutic routine based on the diagnosis.
- Handle ventilators and coach the client regarding various breathing exercises.
- Perform efficient pre-therapeutic patient evaluation and maintain records
- Optimized respiratory care delivery up to 30% by vigilant chest x-ray evaluation and testing for accurate endotracheal placement
- Enhanced clientele up till 60% through active referrals and follow up calling and demonstration of high-quality customer care ethics
LOWELL GENERAL HOSPITAL, Lowell, MA
6/2013 – 4/2016
Assistant Respiratory Therapist
- Compiled the medical history of patients
- Gathered essential points of consideration in therapy plan development
- Explained the treatment to clients
- Assisted the senior respiratory therapist in treatments
- Implemented contemporary digital techniques for gauging and monitoring arterial gas mix, blood flow, and volume
- Updated the patients’ medical records into a computerized system that made retrieval easier and enhanced useful data storage
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Certificate in Respiratory Therapy
Some College, Lowell, MA
Associate Degree in Medical Assistance
Lowell Technical College, Lowell, MA
- Bilingual: English and Spanish
- Excellent Attention to Detail
Respiratory Therapist Resume Example 3
(1-5 Years’ Experience)
22 S Dahlia Circle, Denver, CO 77263
A diligent respiratory therapist with 4+ years of practical work experience in respiratory care. Proficient in reviewing patient data to determine the condition, and devising programs and procedures, and conducting prescribed therapeutic procedures. Critical thinker with sound judgment.
- Bedside Manner
- Physiological Knowledge
- Infection Control
- Procedural Skills
- Introduced a modern but not often used the technique of acquiring and analyzing physiological specimens to fathom clinical procedures.
- Wrote a paper on Cardiopulmonary Support and Rehabilitation published in the Doctors’ Weekly.
EXPERIENCE IN RESPIRATORY CARE
Doctors PLUS, Denver, CO
Dec 2019 – Present
- Review patient data to devise care programs
- Conduct therapeutic measures
- Perform oxygen and bland aerosol therapy
- Evaluate and monitor patients’ response to therapy for documentation
- Change plan as and when required
- Administer technical respiratory care including medication dispensing
Respiratory Therapist Assistant
ABC Healthcare, Denver, CO
Nov 2017 – Dec 2019
- Inspected and tested equipment
- Cleaned and reassembled equipment
- Utilized knowledge of respiratory equipment and procedures
- Worked effectively in emergency situations
- Maintained control in critical medical conditions
Associate’s Degree Programs in Respiratory Therapy
Denver Technical College, Denver, CO
Registered Respiratory Therapist
Current PALS and CPR Certifications
State License as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RPC)
A compelling respiratory therapist resume will go a long way in convincing the hiring manager to give you a chance at a respiratory therapist interview.