Collectors are dedicated personnel who contact delinquent account holders and solicit payment from them on behalf of the company that they are working for or with.
They need to be assertive in nature yet polite so that they can talk to customers without sounding threatening.
If you are seeking a job as a collector, you may need to utilize this resume and cover letter sample for a collector to prepare your job application package.
Sample Resume for Collector Position
12 Garland Ave
Keego Harbor, MI 32414
Bringing customer service and debt collection experience to manage delinquent accounts effectively.
Personable Debt Collector with over 10 years of experience in identifying delinquent accounts and soliciting payments. Effectively follows up with third-party payers, insurance carriers, and clients in order to adjudicate and get the payment of claims. Competent at finding out credit scores and explaining the effect of debt on the same. Ability to work in fast-paced and busy environments. Working knowledge of federal and state compliance policies.
• Delinquent accounts contacting
• Repossess collateral recommendations
• Borrower financial situation analyzing
• Files and reports maintenance
• Testify legal proceedings
• Current trends in loan underwriting
• Managed successful payment from 105 delinquent accounts within the deadline given.
• Prepared a complex review plan for stuck delinquent accounts and formulated easy installments payback programs.
Aug 2015 – Present
MBS Collections – Keego Harbor, MI
• Call delinquent account holders and inform them of pending payments
• Solicit payments from accounts through phone calls and in-person
• Prepare and mail collections letters to defaulting accounts
• Maintain accurate records of loan and advance accounts
• Assist in making loan rate and collection decisions
• Maintain and reconcile cash fund balances
• Provide feedback to management
• Prepare loan status reports regarding collateral impairments and collection activities
Gonzaba – San Antonio, TX
May 2011 – Aug 2015
• Collected the balance outstanding from third-party payers
• Processed mail and rejections from the Insurance Carrier
• Posted contractual and write off adjustments
• Processed payments by credit card
• Answered calls and e-mails received by patients
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
The University of Miami, Miami, FL – 2003