A store clerk is usually an entry-level and mid-career retail sales position. They are accountable for selling products and providing excellent customer service to consumers on the floor. They usually work under the direct supervision of a store manager.
Typically, they greet customers and monitor customers’ needs to provide them with a solution. They also help the store in loss prevention.
Besides sales and customer service tasks, they maintain the outlook of the store and restock shelves, as well as dust, clean, sweep, and mop floors as required.
Before we give you some resume examples, let us tell you a few things about the resume for the store clerk position.
There are just four critical resume sections that you need to look into; accomplishments/experience, skills, qualifications, and education. And these are what you will find in the examples given below.
Remember to place your information exactly as the information in the sample.
Take a look!
Store Clerk Resume Sample 1
Well-organized, detail-oriented, and hardworking individual with proven skills in receiving, unpacking, and inspecting merchandise to ensure its conformity with company standards. Deep insight into tagging items for inventory purposes and distributing items to designated locations.
• Unmatched ability to stock shelves, racks, and cases and issue sales floor merchandise according to company directives.
• Track record of efficiently taking inventory and examining merchandise to identify items that need to be replenished or procured.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate shipping records on outbound shipments to vendors and process outstation restocks.
• Proficient in performing stock inventory on critical inventory items and advising procurement officers of shortages.
• Increased inventory efficiency by 20% by introducing a sophisticated alarms-based inventory system.
• Reined in a series of promotional activities by providing visual merchandising support to the project.
• Retained a business of a corporate client by delivering him consistent customer services and proactively handling her major complaint.
• Introduced a code identification system that made it easy to correlate prices to barcodes, enabling store representatives to identify items quickly.
United Markets, Moneta, VA
6/2015 – Present
• Receive incoming items and ensure that all paperwork is in order.
• Assist in unloading delivery trucks and directing the movement of incoming shipments appropriately.
• Stock products on platforms, shelves, or pegs as required and ensure their safety at all levels.
• Ensure that items are correctly displayed at the front end and assist customers in locating their choice of products.
• Provide customers with information on products and their features.
• Identify pricing techniques for each product and place price tags on them accordingly.
• Ensure that all visual display signs are updated with the product, price, and discount information.
• Run customers through payment procedures by either leading them to cashiers or performing cashiering duties.
• Bag and deliver purchases to customers’ vehicles or have arrangements made for delivery.
• Create and submit item-receiving reports to the supervisor and ensure that any customer complaints are handled according to the company’s policies.
Save-a-lot, Moneta, VA
1/2011 – 5/2015
• Assisted in receiving the shipment of goods from suppliers by unloading them from delivery trucks.
• Physically moved the boxes and cartons to their designated storage areas.
• Stacked items on shelves and ensured that they were adequately arranged according to marketing principles.
• Maintained order and cleanliness within the store by providing that all things are in place at all times and appropriate dusting and rearranging are performed.
• Assisted customers in locating their choice of products and led them through payment procedures.
High School Diploma
ABC High School, Moneta, VA
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Inventory Management • Money Tendering
• Customer Services • Sales Records
• Receiving Procedures • Visual Presentation
• Order Filling • Complaint Handling
• Sales Delivery • First Contact Services
• POS System • Code Identification
Store Clerk Resume Sample 2
fionagrant @ email . com
❖❖ STORE CLERK ❖❖
• Dedicated store clerk with 14 years’ track record of effectively handling both frontend and backend stocking and customer services work within a large retail establishment.
• Adept at handling sophisticated POS systems while ensuring the accuracy of transactions and performing balancing duties.
• Highly skilled in verifying incoming merchandise with work orders and identifying codes such as prices and stock tags.
• First-hand experience in computing merchandise prices and keeping accurate records of sales.
• Documented success in keeping track of inventory and ensuring that it is replenished on time.
• Exceptional customer service acumen with a complete focus on customer satisfaction through the delivery of excellent services.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Shipment Preparation • Order Pulling
• Visual Merchandising • Storage Solutions
• Inventory Control • POS Handling
• Cash Register • Till Balancing
• Stocking • Customer Support
• Complaint Management • Loss Prevention
MEGA CO-OP, Memphis, TN
May 2017 – Present
• Receive shipments and compare them with receipt orders to ensure their accuracy.
• Assist in unloading merchandise and placing it in designated storage areas.
• Open boxes and crates and count items to ensure that they conform to quantity standards.
• Place items on store shelves by arranging them according to marketing principles.
• Greet customers and assist them in locating products by either escorting or directing them.
• Demonstrate product features and provide information regarding prices and warranties.
• Lead customers through payment procedures by either assisting them with transactions or handling cash and credit card transactions on POS systems.
• Tender change and ensure that purchases are properly bagged and delivered to customers’ vehicles.
• Provide aftersales services and handle complaints by ensuring total customer satisfaction.
• Replaced the existing inventory system with a more sophisticated one that sounded periodic alarms when inventory levels went low.
• Retained an important corporate customer by providing him with consistent, exceptional services after a short period of dissatisfaction with a store representative.
AAA Company, Memphis, TN
Jan 2013 – May 2017
• Provided product information and demonstrated product features.
• Assisted cashiers throughout payment procedures by efficiently providing pricing information and bagging purchases.
• Carried purchases to customers’ cars and arranged for deliveries to be made through store delivery services.
• Serviced complaints by assisting during complaint investigation processes.
• Assisted in keeping the store clean and maintained according to company standards.
• Introduced new loss prevention measures which reduced shoplifting by a staggering 85%.
• Resolved a POS discrepancy by carefully looking through 12 months of transactions and finding out that a $5000 entry had not been put in.
High School Diploma
ABC High School, Memphis, TN – 2002
Store Clerk Resume Sample 3
timfrank @ email . com
- Target-oriented store clerk with 5+ years’ verifiable track record of providing exceptional customer services, with a view to retaining existing customers and obtaining new clientele.
- Highly experienced in communicating product and service information to customers in a clear and articulate manner.
- Known for consistently exceeding company standards involving handling and stocking of grocery, frozen items, perishable products, and electronic equipment.
- Recognized for engaging customers in conversation to increase their interest in additional sales.
- Effectively handled POS systems by ensuring that cash balances are maintained properly and discrepancies are kept at bay.
- Competent at performing store cleaning and maintenance activities to keep the store at par with maintenance standards.
CORE RETAIL SKILLS
– Brand Awareness – First Contact Services
– Stocking and Inventory – Product Pricing
– Visual Merchandising – 4 Ps of Marketing
– Store Safety Standards – Cash Handling
– Aftersales Services – Store Security
– Discount Calculation – Store Promotions
Macy’s, Teaticket, MA
8/2021 – Present
• Increase sales of the store’s key products by 55% by placing them according to the 4 Ps of marketing
• Create a booklet of store safety standards which is being used as part of new employee training sessions
• Welcome customers and provide them with information in response to their inquiries
• Lead customers to their desired product locations and help them in finding items
• Provide information regarding each product that customers are interested in
• Demonstrate product features with a view to assisting customers in making purchasing decisions
• Lead customers through purchasing procedures, including ringing up their purchases on POS systems
HYU Store, Teaticket, MA
6/2018 – 8/2021
• Introduced the concept of visual merchandising at the store which increased customers’ interest in new product lines by 56%
• Reduced complaints regarding a new electronic product by contacting company officials who had forgotten to include instruction manuals
• Provided assistance to customers in determining how to avail of aftersales services and product warranties
• Stocked shelves with products by following the company’s stocking instructions
• Handled stocking and inventory duties
• Assisted in setting up product displays as part of visual merchandising campaigns
KMart, Teaticket, MA
11/2016 – 5/2018
• Greeted customers and ensured that they were serviced by store clerks
• Provided information regarding placement of products, dates of expiry, and uses
• Assisted in placing new items on shelves by following the company’s placement standards and protocols
• Counted and bagged customers’ purchases in appropriate bags
• Carried purchases to customers’ vehicles and ensured that any shopping trolleys were returned to their docks
High School Diploma
Public School, Teaticket, MA – 2009
Store Clerk Job Description for Resume
Store clerks perform some or all of the following duties. You may select 5 to 7 phrases that are most relevant to the employer’s requirements.
- Greet customers and help them with the selection of merchandise
- Maintain knowledge of merchandise in and out of stock
- Provide advice about the type and quantity of commodity sought for purchase
- Work with computers applications and POS system
- Stock shelves and handle shopping carts
- Order and maintain floor displays
- Communicate information regarding product availability, ingredients, and nutritional information
- Answer the telephone in a pleasant and professional way
- Operate cash register and handle any discrepancies
- Hanle record-keeping and re-ordering systems
- Participate in counting the store’s physical inventory
- React to all concerns of customers quickly with a sense of importance
- Maintain the cleanliness of the store
- Dispose of cardboard waste and trash
- Uphold predefined customer service standards
- Handle cash, change, and operate the cash register
- Ensure stock levels on the sales floor are maintained continually
- Organize merchandise pricing, signage, and coding
- Maintain freezer items at a secure and satisfactory level
- Learn various skills and assists to cover customer service
Store Clerk Hard Skills for Resume
Here are some examples of skills that you can put on a resume for a store clerk position.
- Track record of initiating contact with prospective customers and converting them into business-providing patrons.
- Well-versed in following sales initiatives, aimed at achieving selling targets.
- Exceptional public relations skills, targeted at ensuring excellence in customer service provision.
- Able to handle tight deadlines and work back-to-back shifts during peak hours.
- Special talent for demonstrating store products, with the aim of selling to customers what they need.
- Particularly effective in inventory control procedures, order processing, and shelf stocking, in sync with store procedures and protocols.
- Skilled in handling adverse situations involving irate customers by providing solutions to ensure customer retention.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, targeted at working harmoniously alongside peers, supervisors, and clients.
- Hands-on experience in leading store and product promotion activities, in accordance with popular marketing and promotional directives.
- Able to work well under stressful situations brought on by customer pressure or tight deadlines.
- Functional ability to use persuasive skills, aimed at focusing customers’ interest in new products and upgrades.
- Expert in handling merchandising activities, organizing store displays, and working alongside marketing personnel to edict a positive image of the store.
Store Clerk Soft Skills
- Exceptional work ethic
- Time management
- Customer service
- Team Work