Never undermine the importance of your resume for the senior clerk position.
Spend lots of time building your resume because a hurriedly written resume represents a clumsy, irresponsible, and de-motivated candidate.
When applying for a senior clerk position, it is best to re-do your resume even if you have recently built it.
This will not only ensure that the version you submit is updated but will also enable you to customize your resume according to the senior clerk position.
The use of power verbs to write your profile and to express your professional accomplishments will impress the reader.
Also, remember to include at least a few industry-specific keywords to optimize your resume.
Related: Senior Clerk Cover Letter
Senior Clerk Resume Example
410 NW Ave
Corning, NY 67332
jason @ email . com
Highly focused and detail-oriented senior clerk with 12+ years of hands-on experience in maintaining precise paperwork, files, and data records. Proficient in staff supervision, clerk coaching, front desk handling, and troubleshooting computerized database and interface issues. Competent in data entry, file cataloging, data retrieval, and providing diverse administrative support to office managers.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Data Entry
- File Cataloging
- Front Desk Handling
- Data Retrieval
- Reports Creation
- Employees Evaluation
- Correspondence Handling
- Data Compilation
HARCO INSURANCE, Corning, NY
7/2016 – Present
• Supervise clerks and oversee the front desk operations.
• Evaluate clerks’ performance; ensure maintenance and integrity of all records.
• Keep track of payments due and received and immediately report any discrepancies in the record.
• Implemented an ingenious file tracking system that reduced file retrieval time up to 70%.
• Revised the data entry forms to ensure the gathering of more comprehensive information ensuring 100% fact collection after initial form filling by the client.
Data Entry Clerk
PEOPLE FIRST, Corning, NY
4/2009 – 6/2016
• Processed all data entry and filing requests consisting of renewal, updating, and logging.
• Monitored the computerized database and retrieved required information from the same.
• Typed and sorted correspondence as per management’s instructions.
• Efficiently computerized 6 months old manual data within a period of 2 weeks.
• Achieved the most accurate data entry clerk award in 2014.
Associate’s Degree in Arts
COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Corning, NY
• Typing Speed 50 WPM
• Bilingual: English/Spanish