Although job seekers for Senior Clerk position invest ample time and effort in resume building, most candidates do not take cover letters seriously. In order to survive in present day’s aggressive job market as a clerk, one needs a well written cover letter to accompany the resume. Below are some guiding principles for effective cover letter writing:
Senior Clerk Cover Letter Tips:
• Cover letters are all about being specific. Since the resume cannot phrase the exact value you would be adding to the company, use the cover letter to communicate that.
• Demonstrate your individual personality in order to differentiate yourself from other candidates.
• Decide upon your biggest strengths in relevance to the position you are applying for and make the most of these in your letter.
56 Yale Ave • Houston, TX 56773 • (005) 333 – 5555 • aaron @ email . com
November 13, 2014
Mr. Francis Gilbert
88 Reading Road
Houston, TX 56773
Dear Mr. Gilbert:
Ensuring integrity of data and providing exceptional administrative support to the managers is my expertise. During my experience as a senior clerk for the past 6 years, I polished my skills in managing a team of clerks, scheduling their tasks and evaluating their work effectively.
Some highlights of my professional accomplishments as a senior clerk are outlined below:
• Pioneered in implementing computerized, user friendly client interfaces for data collection that decreased manual effort put in data entry by 50%.
• Reduced data retrieval time by 10 minutes on average by initiating an ingenious file cataloging system.
• Updated personal data for 50+ employees single-handedly during system switching without any error.
With exceptional ability to supervise clerical staff, explain and assign work to them and assist them in task completion, I’d be able to excel at MARCUS INC. I believe my extensive experience with various operating systems and database software management adds attraction to my profile. My proven ability to troubleshoot data entry software will also come in very handy.
I would like to have a meeting with you and look forward to being immediately productive at MARCUS Inc. through my proven skills in clerical work and supervision. I intend to follow up regarding this application coming Wednesday. Should you have any questions for me I shall be happy to answer them at (005) 333 – 5555.
Thank you for your time and consideration.