It goes without saying that companies can only work smoothly if their top executives are provided with the right kind of administrative and clerical staff.
Operations clerks usually work with one or more executive by helping them handle everyday operational tasks.
That may include answering telephones, greeting visitors, scheduling appointments and handling correspondence.
While this may sound simple enough, the work of an operations clerk is challenging and requires a lot of hard work.
Some organizations entrust operations clerks with the responsibility of handling bookkeeping activities.
While these may not be too detailed, it is essential for operations clerks to possess some background in managing accounting duties.
The resume sample below will provide you with an idea of how you can apply for this position with a strong resume.
Related: Operations Clerk Cover Letter Sample
Operations Clerk Resume Example
6800 7th Avenue SW, Jamestown, ND 90153
❖ ❖ ❖ ❖
Energetic, self-starter operations clerk with exceptional organizational and analytic skills targeted at smoothing out office operations in a proactive manner. Expertise lies in handling scheduling and customer service tasks along with staying calm and productive in adverse situations.
CLERICAL EXPERIENCE AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS
RR Donnelley – Jamestown, ND
2015 – Present
• Greet customers and visitors and assist them with their queries.
• Handle executive correspondence and provide support for preparing presentations.
• Oversee incoming and outgoing emails and faxes.
• Create and maintain liaisons with vendors and other third parties.
• Schedule and follow up on appointments.
• Answer telephone calls and take and deliver messages.
• Organize departmental meetings and events.
• Handle light bookkeeping activities and travel and accommodation activities for executives and team members.
✓ Reined in a rollercoaster project by being responsible for providing exact and timely clerical support to key members.
✓ Introduced a scheduling system that provided hourly and daily reminders to ensure timely follow-up.
Cellnetix – Jamestown, ND
2011 – 2015
• Handled incoming telephone calls and provided the information asked for.
• Made sure that all files and records were maintained properly.
• Took and delivered telephone messages to correct recipients.
• Assisted in organizing corporate outings and meetings.
• Collected accounting data such as invoices for bookkeeping purposes.
✓ Introduced a database system and converted all records to electronic forms for easy retrieval.
✓ Provided with operations training opportunity following exceptional dedication to work during the internship period.
AS in Office Management
City College, Jamestown, ND | 2000
– Customer service
– Administrative support
– Equipment maintenance
– Data entry
– MS Office applications
– Vendor handling
– Overseeing payments
– E-mail and fax
– Making presentations
– Dispersing information
– New employee orientation