Clerks play an essential role in an office as they provide administrative and clerical support to a variety of departments.
They are involved in providing support services to different departments. Clerks are an essential part of any office.
As a matter of fact, they perform many tasks such as:
- maintaining records
- assisting in the flow of communications
- receiving telephone calls
- monitoring office supplies
If you are applying for a clerk position, you must highlight your skills appropriately when writing a resume based on which you will have a good chance to obtain your dream job.
See the sample below to get a better idea.
See also: Clerk Cover Letter
Clerk Resume Example
999 Century Lane, Las Cruces, NM 72000
Office Management ~ Executive Support ~ Clerical Work
Detail-oriented and result-focused Clerk with 14+ years’ track record of providing exceptional office support services. A meticulous individual who has excellent attention to detail and a keen ability to manage paperwork and databases. Able to handle high volume work in a high-stress environment. Known for taking and executing orders timely and efficiently.
|• Purchasing and inventory
• Sorting and filing records
• Multi-line telephone
|• Memo/chart preparation
• Mail handling
• Ordering supplies
|• Visitors’ reception
• Equipment maintenance
• Organizing timesheets
• Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Access
• Software: EASI, DIS, CMS, WMS
• Data Entry: 50 WPM
• E-mail and faxes
KEY ACHIEVEMENTS AS A CLERK
• Streamlined existing filing systems by arranging all documents in ascending order.
• Identified delay problems in office supply delivery and took measures to ensure time-efficiency.
• Introduced a database system for records management by ousting redundant paper records, which resulted in a 40% increase in on-time delivery of reports.
• Managed payroll accounting procedures in the absence of the payroll clerk.
Emulex, Las Cruces, NM | 2010-present
• Maintain records and perform filing duties
• Type meeting and conference agendas
• Prepare and distribute materials for meetings and conferences
• Transcribe and record minutes of the meeting
• Type documents such as manuscripts, letters, memos, and proposals
• Greet customers and visitors and provide them with appropriate information
YBN Inc, Las Cruces, NM | 2005-2010
• Recorded messages and directed calls
• Provided scheduling support across departments
• Performed basic bookkeeping activities
• Routed incoming mail and handled correspondence
• Ensured office supplies inventory was managed appropriately
ABC Company, Dallas, TX | 2004-2005
• Assisted in carrying out typing and filing activities
• Answered telephones and relayed messages
• Typed, formatted and proofread official documents
• Ensured that all departments’ needs for office supplies are filled at all times
• Photocopied and scanned documents
• Sorted and handed out mail
• Provided support at the reception desk
High School Diploma
City School, Dallas, TX – 2004