It’s easy to know what your skills are, and how to use them in the office environment. There are two types of skills you can write in your resume for office clerk position, hard skills and soft skills.
Soft skills are generic ones that do not require any specialized education or training. For instance, organization, teamwork and communication. These skills will be helpful in getting your point across and making it clear that you are the right person.
On the other hand, hard skills are focused on the specialized training and experiences. In order to craft hard skills, you will need to write phrases using bullet points.
Office Clerk Soft Skills
• Customer Service
• Time management
• Verbal communication
• Written communication
• Stress tolerance
• Planning and organization
• Friendly personality
• Attention to detail
• Ability to work well with and without supervision
How to Write Hard Skills for Office Assistant Resume?
Read the job description carefully, understand what the employer needs and write your skills accordingly.
Office Clerk Hard Skills List
• Proficient in taking/forwarding incoming calls and other communications
• Demonstrated ability to manage filing system, update paperwork, and maintain documents
• Able to quickly retrieve documents when asked
• Well versed in recording information, preparing schedules, and organizing meetings
• Special talent for maintaining common areas and equipment, and performing errands
• Unique ability to create, maintain, and enter information into databases
• Able to write clearly and help with word processing
• Experience with Office Suite and and word processing
• Well versed with automated and manual office filing systems
• Exceptional ability to provide data processing service as well as data input.
• Track record of dealing with visitors and directing them to the right individual or department based on the content of inquiry
• Well-versed in typing materials correctly and quickly
• Adept at handling telephone lines efficiently to give and clarify information to clients and general callers.
• Ability to type 50 wpm