Office clerks perform many tasks such as handling correspondence, preparing reports, maintaining office files and inventory, and answering telephones. They are also responsible for limited bookkeeping activities, taking messages, and preparing outgoing emails.
Lots of things within an office are dependent on an office clerk’s work as far as smooth operations are concerned.
Sample Resume for Office Clerk Position
Washington Island, CA
• Systematic, industrious, and methodical office clerk with 9+ years’ progressively responsible experience in providing clerical and administrative support in busy office environments.
• Highly detail-oriented and organized with a particular focus on ensuring seamless office operations and processes.
• Proficient in maintaining files and records safely and confidentially.
• Skilled in sorting and distributing mail to intended recipients within the organization, and ensuring that outgoing mail is expedited.
• Highly experienced in operating complex PABX systems, diverting calls, and taking and relaying messages.
• Deep familiarity with operating and maintaining office equipment such as copiers, scanners and fax machines.
• Record-keeping • Electronic Filing
• PABX Operations • Bookkeeping Support
• Stock Monitoring • Vendor Liaison
• Research Assistance • Reception Desk Support
• Departmental Bridging • Communication
• Stenography/Dictation • Scheduling
- Improved the filing system by converting all critical information into an electronic form, leaving the paper form as a backup.
- Reduced costs of office supplies by 60% by acquiring services from a less expensive supplier
- Introduced three vendors, who offered free equipment and supplies delivery, thereby reducing delivery costs by $4000 per month.
Millwood Inc., Washington Island, CA
6/2020 – Present
• Create and maintain office records in both paper and electronic formats.
• Answer telephone calls and provide information about the company’s services and facilities.
• Relay messages to intended recipients and direct visitors or customers to appropriate departments.
• Take and transcribe minutes of the meeting and ensure that copies are distributed to the management.
• Maintain office supplies and equipment inventory by ensuring that stock levels are kept at par.
• Scan incoming mail for recipient information and distribute letters and parcels to intended recipients.
• Provide travel and accommodation support to executives by ensuring that details of both are handled promptly.
• Operate office equipment such as copiers, scanners, and fax machines and ensure that they are maintained efficiently.
• Provide research and coordination assistance to all departments, paying particular attention to communications.
LUSA Associates, Washington Island, CA
11/2017 – 6/2020
• Greeted customers and visitors and provided them with information and advice on who to meet within the organization, depending on their specific requirements.
• Responded to inquiries over the telephone and transferred calls and relayed messages to intended recipients.
• Operated office machinery such as fax machines, scanners, copiers, and printers to fulfill executives’ requests.
• Coordinated the services of janitorial staff to ensure cleanliness and maintenance of all office areas.
• Typed and edited correspondence such as minutes of the meeting, memos, and executive letters.
High School Diploma
Washington Island High School, Washington Island, CA
Sample Duties for Office Clerk Resume
- Answer telephones and relay messages to appropriate recipients
- Manage files/folders and compile records
- Manage financial records and light bookkeeping activities
- Take dictation and perform stenographic duties
- Greet customers and visitors and perform tier-one / first-contact services
- Manage inventory of office supplies and assist in organizing office activities
- Prepare coffee and snacks for office staff
- Scan incoming mail for recipient information
- Handle outgoing mail by sealing envelopes and placing stamps
- Retrieve files on demand
- Manage travel and accommodation arrangements for staff
- Assist in preparing payrolls
- Mail bills and pay utility bills
- Proofread records and reports for accuracy
- Type and edit correspondence
- Prepare carrier packages for UPS and Federal Express
- Perform document photocopying and paperwork distribution tasks
- Transport materials and supplies between departments
- Ensure management of minor repairs to the office
- Assist in managing accurate billing and petty cash
- Create and maintain meaningful liaisons with vendors and suppliers
- Run errands for office staff
- Maintain office equipment such as copiers and printers
Office Clerk Skills for Resume
- Office Administration
- Filing system management
- Documents maintenance
- Retrieving documents
- Schedules preparation
- Meetings organization
- Minutes of meetings taking and recording
- Common areas management
- Equipment handling
- Database management
- Word processing
- MS Office Suite
- Office filing systems
- Data entry and processing
- Directing visitors
- Handling telephone exchange
- Incoming calls handling
- Customer service
- Time management
- Verbal & Written communication
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
- Friendly personality