Resumes are a treat to read – but only if they have been created tastefully.
Otherwise, they can be the most boring reads ever!
There is no in-between – resumes are either classified in the good category or the terrible one.
And it is up to you to make sure that yours ends up in the former one. Here is a sample to help you:
4023 Town Line Road | Washington Island, CA 10202 | (000) 999-9999 | w_big @ email . com
Systematic, industrious and methodical
9+ years’ progressively responsible experience in providing clerical and administrative support in a busy office environment. Highly detail-oriented and organized with special focus on ensuring seamless office operations and processes.
• Proficient in maintaining files and records in a safe and confidential manner
• Skilled in sorting and distributing mail to intended recipients within the organization, and ensuring that outgoing mail is expedited
• Highly experienced in operating complex PABX systems, diverting calls and taking and relaying messages
• Deep familiarity with operating and maintaining office equipment such as copiers, scanners and fax machines
|• Record-keeping||• Electronic Filing||• PABX Operations|
|• Bookkeeping Support||• Stock Monitoring||• Vendor Liaison|
|• Research Assistance||• Reception Desk Support||• Departmental Bridging|
|• Communication||• Stenography/Dictation||• Scheduling|
• Process Improvement: Improved the filing system by converting all important information into an electronic form, leaving the paper form as backup.
• Cost Reduction: Successfully reduced costs of office supplies by 60% by acquiring services of a less expensive supplier
• Vendor Relations: Brought onboard 3 vendors, who offered free equipment and supplies delivery, thereby reducing delivery costs by 75%
• Communications: Proven invaluable in creating and maintaining liaison between the marketing and sales departments, resulting in increased coordination between the two.
Millwood Inc., Washington Island, CA | 6/2010 – Present
• Create and maintain office records in both paper and electronic formats
• Answer telephone calls and provide information of the company’s services and facilities
• Relay messages to intended recipients and direct visitors or customers to appropriate departments
• Take and transcribe minutes of the meeting and ensure that copies are distributed to the management
• Maintain office supplies and equipment inventory by ensuring that stock levels are kept at par
• Scan incoming mail for recipient information and distribute letters and parcels to intended recipients
• Provide travel and accommodation support to executives by ensuring that details of both are handled in a timely manner
• Operate office equipment such as copiers, scanners and fax machines and ensure that they are maintained efficiently
• Provide research and coordination assistance to all departments, paying special attention to communications
LUSA Associates, Washington Island, CA| 11/2007 – 6/2010
• Greeted customers and visitors and provided them with information and advice on who to meet within the organization, depending on their specific requirements
• Responded to inquires over the telephone and transferred calls and relayed messages to intended recipients
• Operated office machinery such as fax machines, scanners, copiers and printers to fulfil executives’ requests
• Coordinated the services of janitorial staff to ensure cleanliness and maintenance of all office areas
• Typed and edited correspondence such as minutes of the meeting, memos and executive letters
High School Diploma
Washington Island High School, Washington Island, CA