When applying for a clerk typist job, you will have to show the hiring manager that you are a jack of all trades.
Since you will be working on many different things at the same time, it is important that your resume highlights the fact that you are a great multitasker.
Your experience in a similar capacity must also be made obvious in your resume.
Typically, information regarding your skills and experience in typing letters, memos, and reports has to be highlighted.
As important to focus on is your knowledge of working in a tier 1 role – that is, at the front desk.
See also: Clerk Typist Cover Letter
Here is a resume sample that you can refer to when writing your own for this position:
Clerk Typist Resume Sample
669 Junior Tree Road, Topeka, KS 9744
Dynamic and results-oriented Clerk Typist with 8+ years of experience in providing clerical and front desk support. Documented success in effectively gathering data in order to perform clerical work processes. Unmatched ability to handle data and records management systems.
• Singlehandedly implemented a unique data collection method, as a result, decreased collection time by 65%
• Successfully managed 8000+ records in one day, owing to exceptional data entry skills
• Implemented the compilation of a reporting system, hence, reduced compilation time by 50%
• Trained 17 interns in handling clerical and administrative work
• Data Collection
• Front Desk Support
• Records Management
• Office Equipment Operations
• Correspondence Handling
• Amounts Computation
• Mail Sorting
• Customer Liaison
• Reports Compilation
• Research Assistance
• Payments Management
Troy Community Services, Topeka, KS| 6/2013 – Present
• Gather and compile data in accordance with provided instructions
• Transcribe audio records in order to produce physical record
• Ensure that all obtained information is legible
• Obtain clarifications from executives where necessary
• Proofread all typed correspondence, such as letters, memos, and reports
• Ensure that written communication is timely distributed to correct recipients
• Sort office documents in an appropriate indexed manner
• Enter information into database, ensuring that accuracy is maintained
• Operate and maintain office equipment, for example, printers, copiers, and fax machines
Fore Ltd., Topeka, KS | 2/2009 – 5/2013
• Handled incoming and outgoing mail, and ensured that it was given to the right people
• Greeted customers and visitors and ensured that they were directed to the right departments
• Scanned documents, and handled faxing and copying tasks
• Entered data into databases, and ensured that it was checked for mistakes
• Performed research work in accordance with set instructions
High School Diploma
St. Tyrion High School, Topeka, KS – 2009
• Office Management Software
• MS Word and Excel