Pool cleaning is a technical job, therefore, employers often seek certified pool cleaners to ensure proper maintenance of their swimming pools and spas.
In order to apply for a pool cleaning job, you will need to write a resume as well as a cover letter.
Pool Cleaner Resume Writing Tips
We have outlined some tips below that will aid you in the process of resume writing for a pool cleaner position:
- Length should be of one page with an easy-to-read layout.
- Do not use any slang or jargon.
- Mention just one exclusive and professional email ID.
- Ignore any irrelevant experience.
- Focus on a few accomplishments from previous jobs to communicate your capacity.
- Give more space to the experience and achievements sections as compared to the educational section.
- If you have relevant certification, make sure you highlight it in the summary.
The following is a professional pool cleaner resume sample for your guidance.
Pool Cleaner Resume Sample
566 Clover Ave, Novato, CA 67222
lucas @ email . com
CERTIFIED POOL CLEANER
A detail-oriented and safety-centered perfectionist with 6+ years’ experience in pool cleaning and maintenance. Well practiced in hosing down pool and spa areas, cleaning the showers and pool furniture. Adept at keeping the swimming pool visually appealing, sanitized and chlorinated.
- Substantial knowledge of safe usage of various pool cleaning chemicals.
- Effective in the physical evaluation of the interior of the pool valves and drain.
- Full command on maintenance of safety equipment, deck, and board inspection.
|Debris Removal||Chlorination||Drain Cleaning|
|Interior Scrubbing||Valve Maintenance||Equipment Maintenance|
|Sanitation||Acid Wash||Filter Replacement|
|Safety Assurance||Quality Checks||Spa Operations|
• Introduced modern water testing kits that elevated the quality of water sanitation by 40%.
• Repaired pump strainers and sand filters by timely identifying malfunctioning parts, saving the company form a $5k replacement cost.
• Issued a 20-page safety manual for the safety of client and pool staff.
MARRIOTT INT’L, Novato, CA
Pool Cleaner, 8/2011 to Present
• Inspect the pool area and make sure all valves, lights, and drains are functioning properly.
• Change water, clean shower jets and sanitize the water regularly
• Place all swimming equipment in place.
• Maintain a visually appealing, neat and clean swimming pool and spa area.
YMCA, Novato, CA
Pool Cleaning Helper, 3/2008 to 7/2011
• Sanitized the pool on a daily basis and physically removed any debris by draining and hosing the pool.
• Ensured the optimum amount of chlorine in the water.
• Cleaned the pool and its surrounding area on a daily basis.
ST. PAUL’S CONVENT, Novato, CA, 2008
EXCERPT FROM REFERENCE
Lucas has a strong ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions regarding pool maintenance tasks …
– John Doe, Pool Manager, MARRIOTT INT’L, Novato, CA