Cleaning Job Description
Cleaning workers or cleaners maintain and clean all public and private areas of employer’s premises such as hallways, lobbies, restrooms, stairwells, and elevators to meet established sanitation and quality standards.
They also clean washrooms, dust furnishings and pictures, vacuum, sweep and mop floors, empty carts of dirty linen and dispose of garbage, clean spots, buff fixtures, and clean ashtrays.
They might also deliver items to room attendants upon demand and help in cleaning guest rooms as required.
Your resume or CV for the cleaning position is the most helpful tool for introducing yourself to a prospective employer.
You can make use of your cleaning resume to:
✓ Respond to an advertised job opening.
✓ Make a cold contact or blind inquiry into companies you have researched.
✓ Present at an interview.
✓ Strengthen a connection you recently have made with a future employer.
✓ Send with your request for a letter of recommendation.
The following Resume Sample for Cleaning position will give you a quick start in your job hunting process.
Make any necessary changes before sending it. If you have no prior experience in cleaning, then you may add other relevant skills.
Don’t forget to include a cleaner cover letter in support of your resume.
Cleaning Resume Example
32 7th Street, Central Valley, NY 65999
(000) 632-5274 | [Email]
Seeking a cleaner position with ABC Company where extensive skills in housekeeping and sanitization can be fully utilized to maximize the efficiency.
• One year of extensive experience in cleaning and janitorial capacities
• Highly skilled in cleaning, waxing, buffing, and dusting
• Demonstrated ability to work efficiently with other crew members
• Able to take direction from supervisors
• Enthusiastic to perform all physical aspects of the cleaning job duties
Sweeping ● Mopping ● Vacuuming ● Floorcare ● Trash removal ● Carpet cleaning
ABM Industries, Inc. – Central Valley, NY | Nov 2010 – Mar 2011
• Cleaned restroom including cleaning toilets, urinals, and sinks.
• Mopped the floors, filled paper towel, toilet paper and soap dispensers.
• Removed trash, emptied waste containers and removed waste from the premises to the selected area.
• Cleaned entry door glass inside and exterior.
• Kept janitor’s cabinet in a clean, tidy and arranged condition.
• Damped wipe containers as needed.
SUNY Upstate Medical University – Syracuse, NY | Feb. 2010 – Nov 2010
• Mopped, cleaned, buffed and waxed floors.
• Scrubbed and sanitized all areas of lavatories and facilities.
• Cleaned corridors, stairs, stairwells, walls, and partitions.
• Utilized hand-operated equipment, detergents, and other products for cleaning.
High School Diploma
CITY SCHOOL, Central Valley, NY – 2009
• Excellent customer service skills
• Good attention to detail
• Proven ability to stand, stoop, bend, and stretch for extended periods of time
• Ability to climb ladders and scaffold
• Ability to work individually and inside a team
• Superb ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
Last updated on