Cleaner Job Description
Cleaning workers or cleaners maintain and clean all public and private areas of employer’s premises such as hallways, lobbies, restrooms, stairwells, and elevators to meet established sanitation and quality standards.
They also clean washrooms, dust furnishings and pictures, vacuum, sweep and mop floors, empty carts of dirty linen and dispose of garbage, clean spots, buff fixtures, and clean ashtrays.
They might also deliver items to room attendants upon demand and help in cleaning guest rooms as required.
What is a Cleaning Resume?
Your resume or CV for the cleaning position is the most helpful tool for introducing yourself to a prospective employer.
You can use your cleaning resume to:
✓ Respond to an advertised job opening.
✓ Make a cold contact or blind inquiry into companies you have researched.
✓ Present in an interview.
✓ Strengthen a connection you recently have made with a future employer.
✓ Send with your request for a letter of recommendation.
The following Resume Sample for Cleaning position will give you a quick start in your job hunting process.
Make necessary changes before sending it. If you have no prior experience in cleaning, then you may add other relevant skills.
Don’t forget to include a cleaner cover letter in support of your resume.
Cleaning Resume Sample
32 7th Street, Central Valley, NY 65999
Seeking a cleaner position with ABC Company where extensive skills in housekeeping and sanitization can be fully utilized to maximize efficiency.
- 8+ years of extensive experience in cleaning and janitorial capacities
- Highly skilled in washing, waxing, buffing, and dusting
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently with other crew members
- Able to take direction from supervisors
- Enthusiastic about performing all physical aspects of the cleaning job duties
- Trash removal
- Carpet cleaning
ABM Industries, Inc. – Central Valley, NY 2013-present
- Clean restrooms, cleaning toilets, urinals, and sinks.
- Mop floors, filled paper towel, toilet paper, and soap dispensers.
- Remove trash and empty waste containers
- Transport garbage from the premises to the selected area.
- Clean entry door glass from inside and outside.
- Keep janitor’s cabinet in a clean, tidy, and organized condition.
- Damp wipe containers as needed.
SUNY Upstate Medical University – Syracuse, NY 2010-2013
- Mopped, cleaned, buffed, and waxed floors.
- Scrubbed and sanitized all areas of lavatories and facilities.
- Cleaned corridors, stairs, stairwells, walls, and partitions.
- Utilized hand-operated equipment, detergents, and other products for cleaning.
High School Diploma
CITY SCHOOL, Central Valley, NY – 2009
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good attention to detail
- Proven ability to stand, stoop, bend, and stretch for extended periods
- Ability to climb ladders and scaffold
- Works individually as well as collaboratively
- Able to understand and follow verbal and written instructions