Sous Chef Resume Writing Tips
If you want to write an excellent resume for a sous chef position, you will have to make the quality of your content high.
Anyone can write a resume, but it takes an effort to write a winning resume.
Lack of time on the hands of hiring managers makes it difficult for them to go through each resume they receive in detail. So they just glance at them and decide what suits their company the best.
When you write precisely, you will win the hiring manager’s favor as you will be deemed an enthusiastic individual. Projecting this image is necessary.
You can do this by taking help from the sous chef resume example provided below:
See also: Sous Chef resume Sample 2
Sous Chef Resume Sample
875 Edgewood Avenue, Yonkers, NY 10212
Eager to set ABC Restaurant apart from their competitors.
Passionate culinary professional with a 7+ years’ track record of operating large-scale kitchens. Well-versed in planning and directing food preparation activities. A dedicated leader who is known for motivating culinary staff and handling operational problems such as staff absenteeism and underperformance.
• Hands-on experience in producing diversified menus following the restaurant’s policies and procedures.
• Documented success in planning food designs to create perfect matches between different dishes’ physical appearance and tastes.
• Focused on maintaining standards of food quality by providing kitchen workers with training and overseeing their work regularly.
• Competent at ensuring hygiene and food safety standards are met at all stages of food preparation.
|• Menu Development||• Recipe Improvement||• Food Safety and Hygiene|
|• Garnishing||• Staff Scheduling||• Process Monitoring|
|• Equipment Operations||• Standards Maintenance||• Training and Development|
|• Inventory & Cost Control||• Banquet and Catering||• Cross-marketing|
• Assist in developing menus to cater to the varying needs of customers.
• Create recipes following specified directives set by the head chef.
• Determine costs of food items and ensure that they are within the set budget.
• Ascertain that food preparation activities are handled according to standards of quality and consistency.
• Maintain sanitation procedures so that they adhere to OSHA standards.
• Handle food and kitchen equipment inventories and coordinate efforts with procurements managers to ensure on-time delivery of supplies.
• Maintain food storage areas and ensure that food items are properly rotated and stocked.
• Create schedules for kitchen staff members and ensure that they follow established schedules correctly.
• Ascertain portion control for each order and make sure that any complaints or suggestions are taken into account.
• Conduct food tastings and provide feedback to ensure constant quality control.
Key Results and Achievements
• Incorporated a dieter’s section within the main menu which increased customer base by 45%.
• Introduced a kitchen process monitoring procedure, which decreased slackness by an astounding percentage of 49%.
• Won the Culinary Excellence Award by American Food Standards Association 4 times in a row.
• Successfully handled food preparation duties for three major events simultaneously, all of them managed without a hitch.
• Prepared ingredients, by cutting, chopping and marinating meat, vegetables, and fruits.
• Ascertained that appropriate portions are maintained on plates and platters.
• Handled cleaning and maintenance duties around the kitchen, including equipment maintenance and minor repairs.
• Provided help in gathering and washing soiled dishes and putting them away on shelves.
• Managed supplies inventory and ensured that low stock levels were communicated to the chef or sous chef on an immediate basis.
Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts
NEW YORK STATE UNIVERSITY, Yonkers, NY – 2007
Current New York Food Handler Certificate