Entry level sous chefs hold a secondary position to the executive chef within a hotel or a restaurant setting.
They are responsible for preparing food, managing the facility and handling staff.
The following resume will provide applicants with insight into writing their qualifications and skills.
See also: Sous Chef Resume with Experience
Sous Chef Resume Sample
8 NE Autumn Rose Way, Hillsboro, OR 34262
Contact # (979) 909-9199, Email
Offering skills in all styles of cooking and strong teamwork abilities to orchestrate a positive kitchen environment.
• Over 4 years of experience working as a Sous Chef in busy hospitality settings
• Exceptionally proficient in assisting the executive chef in meeting and exceeding the hotel’s kitchen expectations
• First-hand experience in offering professional and friendly guest service concerning food and beverages
• In-depth knowledge of supervising multiple levels of culinary staff
• Hands-on experience in advocating advanced cooking techniques
EXCELLENCE IN CULINARY SERVICE
• Improved order managing system by employing menu changes and training staff to take accurate orders.
• Guided existing team about new methods of cooking and garnishing dishes.
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
SOME RESTAURANT, Hillsboro, OR
Sous Chef | 2016-Present
• Conduct daily shift briefings
• Actively interact with guests
• Establish daily priorities and delegate work to culinary staff
• Review daily specials
• Communicate additions and changes in assignments
GT HOSPITALITY, Hillsboro, OR
Sous Chef | 2013-2016
• Took physical inventory of food items
• Instructed cooking staff about cooking methods
• Ensured that the kitchen was equipped with cooking tools and supplies
• Ensured kitchen sanitation and hygiene
• Developed new menu items
CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Hillsboro, OR – 2011
Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts
Certified Professional Food Manager Certification
• Proven ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Outstanding guest service skills
• Exceptional time management qualities and teamwork acumen
• Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish