If you want to write an excellent resume for a sous chef position, you will have to make the quality of your content high. Anyone can write a resume, but it takes a little bit of extra effort to create a winning resume.
Lack of time on the hands of hiring managers makes it difficult for them to go through each resume they receive in detail. So they just glance at them and decide what suits their company the best.
When you write precisely, you will win the hiring manager’s favor as you will be deemed an enthusiastic individual. Projecting this image is necessary.
The following resume will provide applicants with insight into writing their qualifications and skills.
Sous Chef Resume Sample 1
8 NE Autumn Rose Way, Hillsboro, OR 34262
Offering skills in all styles of cooking and strong teamwork abilities to orchestrate a positive kitchen environment.
• Over 4 years of experience working as a Sous Chef in busy hospitality settings
• Exceptionally proficient in assisting the executive chef in meeting and exceeding the hotel’s kitchen expectations
• First-hand experience in offering professional and friendly guest service concerning food and beverages
• In-depth knowledge of supervising multiple levels of culinary staff
• Hands-on experience in advocating advanced cooking techniques
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
SOME RESTAURANT, Hillsboro, OR
Sous Chef | 2016-Present
• Conduct daily shift briefings
• Actively interact with guests
• Establish daily priorities and delegate work to culinary staff
• Review daily specials
• Communicate additions and changes in assignments
• Improved order managing system by employing menu changes and training staff to take accurate orders.
• Guided existing team about new methods of cooking and garnishing dishes.
GT HOSPITALITY, Hillsboro, OR
Sous Chef | 2013-2016
• Took physical inventory of food items
• Instructed cooking staff about cooking methods
• Ensured that the kitchen was equipped with cooking tools and supplies
• Ensured kitchen sanitation and hygiene
• Developed new menu items
CITY COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Hillsboro, OR – 2011
Associate’s Degree in Culinary Arts
Certified Professional Food Manager Certification
• Proven ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
• Outstanding guest service skills
• Exceptional time management qualities and teamwork acumen
• Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish
Sous Chef Resume Sample 2
875 Edgewood Avenue, Yonkers, NY 10212
Eager to set ABC Restaurant apart from their competitors.
Passionate culinary professional with a 12+ years’ track record of operating large-scale kitchens. Well-versed in planning and directing food preparation activities. A dedicated leader who is known for motivating culinary staff and handling operational problems such as staff absenteeism and underperformance.
• Hands-on experience in producing diversified menus following the restaurant’s policies and procedures.
• Documented success in planning food designs to create perfect matches between different dishes’ physical appearance and tastes.
• Focused on maintaining standards of food quality by providing kitchen workers with training and overseeing their work regularly.
• Competent at ensuring hygiene and food safety standards are met at all stages of food preparation.
• Menu Development
• Recipe Improvement
• Food Safety and Hygiene
• Staff Scheduling
• Process Monitoring
• Equipment Operations
• Standards Maintenance
• Training and Development
• Inventory & Cost Control
• Banquet and Catering
ROCK BOTTOM, Yonkers, NY (8/2011 – Present)
• Assist in developing menus to cater to the varying needs of customers.
• Create recipes following specified directives set by the head chef.
• Determine costs of food items and ensure that they are within the set budget.
• Ascertain that food preparation activities are handled according to standards of quality and consistency.
• Maintain sanitation procedures so that they adhere to OSHA standards.
• Handle food and kitchen equipment inventories and coordinate efforts with procurements managers to ensure on-time delivery of supplies.
• Maintain food storage areas and ensure that food items are properly rotated and stocked.
• Create schedules for kitchen staff members and ensure that they follow established schedules correctly.
• Ascertain portion control for each order and make sure that any complaints or suggestions are taken into account.
• Conduct food tastings and provide feedback to ensure constant quality control.
Key Results and Achievements
• Incorporated a dieter’s section within the main menu which increased customer base by 45%.
• Introduced a kitchen process monitoring procedure, which decreased slackness by an astounding percentage of 49%.
• Won the Culinary Excellence Award by the American Food Standards Association 4 times in a row.
• Successfully handled food preparation duties for three major events simultaneously, all of them managed without a hitch.
CAPTAIN COOK’S, Yonkers, NY (11/2008 – 8/2011)
• Prepared ingredients, by cutting, chopping, and marinating meat, vegetables, and fruits.
• Ascertained that appropriate portions are maintained on plates and platters.
• Handled cleaning and maintenance duties around the kitchen, including equipment maintenance and minor repairs.
• Provided help in gathering and washing soiled dishes and putting them away on shelves.
• Managed supplies inventory and ensured that low stock levels were communicated to the chef or sous chef on an immediate basis.
Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Arts
NEW YORK STATE UNIVERSITY, Yonkers, NY – 2007
Current New York Food Handler Certificate
Sous Chef Resume Sample 3
37th Example Avenue, Berkeley, CA 65239
❖❖ SOUS CHEF ❖❖
Committed to delivering excellence in culinary service.
Passionate sous chef with 18 years’ progressively responsible experience in managing kitchen operations and supervising staff. Demonstrated ability to prepare hygienic and delicious food following a prescribed menu, recipes, and techniques. Well versed in assigning responsibilities to the culinary team. Known for setting deadlines ensuring the timely completion of work.
• Able to create and maintain excellent rapport with patrons and co-workers.
• Competent at preparing and organizing banquet as well as restaurant meals.
• Good communication organizational and management skills
• High level of personal hygiene
• Bilingual: Fluent in English, Spanish
• Ability to resolve conflicts efficiently
• Attention to detail – Ability to quickly discover and solve problems
ABC RESTAURANT – Berkeley, CA
July 2010 – Present
• Assisted and supported the executive chef in routine and specific tasks
• Ensured customers are served well-on-time and effectively
• Helped with the planning of menus and meals
• Maintained high food quality and presentation
• Supervised the preparation and service of food
• Rotated products to avoid spoilage
• Handled concerns in the kitchen
• Trained and oversaw kitchen workforce on recipe procedures, preparation and cleaning duties
• Assisted the sales and cuisine team
• Monitored food expenditure
• Performed product inventory
• Helped executive chef to pick and train kitchen personnel
• Assisted cooks in the preparation, cooking, and presentation of different foods in the restaurant and banquets
Assistant Sous Chef
MARRIOTT – Moines, IA
Dec 2003 – July 2010
• Provided guidance and support to all kitchen staff
• Ensured that all food served is appropriately arranged and met quality standards
• Assured that kitchen work is completed within the timelines
• Gave instructions to cooking workers on fine points of cooking
• Maintained hygiene standards of kitchen and equipment
• Directed and instructed kitchen personnel in their tasks
• Prepared individual orders when requested
• Ensured food preparation procedures for quality, uniformity, and accurateness
• Reviewed delivered product and ensured appropriate storage
• Observed employees engaged in portioning, preparing, and garnishing foods
• Ensured the defined methods of cooking and garnishing
Associate of Arts in Culinary Arts
BERKELEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Berkeley, CA – 2005
Serve Safe Certification