For entry-level food prep positions, the resume has to be perfect from every angle.
The good news is that even if it is not perfect, you will be forgiven since it is not just lack of experience where work is concerned, but lack of experience in writing resumes as well, that prevails here.
However, it is important that you give it your best to write a resume which will impress a hiring manager.
Working at the entry level is not easy – you have a lot to learn, and you need to be able to communicate that you are willing to learn.
Your resume should be reflective of who you are as a person, and how much you can contribute to a company.
This information is not easy to elicit in writing, as actions do speak louder than words.
But since you cannot show your capabilities at this point, it is best to use the resume to your advantage.
The following resume sample for an entry-level food preparer position will give you some ideas:
Entry Level Food Prep Resume Sample
104 Fredrick Jones Road, Long Island, NY52525
Detail-oriented food preparation professional offering in-depth knowledge of the culinary field. Ability to prepare, combine, and season food items, according to set recipes and established guidelines. Exceptionally sociable, and reliable with the ability to work independently to complete tasks while maintaining neat and clean work environments. Exceptional attention to detail.
• Competent in making the advanced preparation of food items following instructions and protocols.
• Proven ability to check cooking equipment to ensure that it is in proper working condition.
• Effectively able to ensure that menu items for serving lines are maintained at appropriate temperatures.
• Deep familiarity with performing food preparation work including preparing ingredients for soups, salads, and sandwiches and burgers.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
|Equipment Maintenance||Marinating||Serving Lines Maintenance|
|Sanitation||Supplies Management||Inventory Oversight|
|Food Handling Procedures||Waste Management||Food Rotation|
Long Island University, Long Island, NY – 2017
Bachelor’s Degree in Culinary Sciences
• Led the university culinary team at the World Cuisine competition, held in New York, in 2017.
• Won first prize in 3 local cooking competitions, due to ingenuity in recipe development.
Culinary Intern | 1/2017 – 5/2017
Gate Gourmet, Long Island, NY
• Prepared food item such as meats, cheeses, fruits, and vegetables by cutting, chopping, and cubing them.
• Assisted in making soups, salads, and sandwiches by following set recipes and established guidelines.
• Provided support in performing preventative and regular maintenance on kitchen equipment.
• Oversaw food and kitchen supplies inventory, communicating low stock situations to the kitchen manager.
• Handled waste management duties, ensuring that all kitchen trash was properly disposed of.
Exemplary professional references available.