Hotel cashiers calculate room charges, obtain food and beverage orders from hotel guests and process payments. Depending on the size of the hotel, a hotel cashier may also deliver meals to a guests room. They must have flexible schedules because they are often needed to work on weekends and evenings.
A well written Resume for Hotel Cashier position grabs the attention of potential employer and increase the chances to be hired. In this regard, the following sample will help you making your own eye-catching resume.
Abraham M. Smith
Apt 441, Example Avenue – Houston TX 65555
[Contact #], [Email Address]
PROFILE: Successful hospitality professional with extensive experience in 2 years of experience in hospitality, cash handling and front desk capacities. Expert in processing all types of payment methods such as credit cards, checks and cash. Exceptional customer service, communication and firm English language skills. Professional manners in telephone conversation. Strong aptitude for multitasking.
May 2013 – Present
Shelton Hotel – Houston TX
• Responsible for promoting and suggesting menu items to hotel guests
• Accurately confirm the food order, communicate the information to the kitchen or bar to fulfill
• Record food orders and process payments
• Take trays and push carts to bring meals to rooms
July 2007 – May 2013
Holiday Inn – Houston TX
Room Service Cashier
• Reduced room service cost 10% annually by negotiating with vendors
• Set up delivery cart and beverages
• Collected bill and ensured the guest sign the bill
• Answered phones
Diploma: Houston City College, Houston, TX – 2005
• Ability to stand and walk for the period of the shift
• Basic mathematics and calculation skills to process payments
Note: This sample of Hotel Cashier Resume is written to get an idea to build or update your own resume. You may add some more sections and bullet points per job requirements and your specific skills.