Hotel cashiers calculate room charges, obtain food and beverage orders from hotel guests, and process payments.
Depending on the size of the hotel, a hotel cashier may also be required to deliver meals to a guest’s room.
They must have flexible schedules because they are often needed to work on weekends and nights.
A well-written Resume for the Hotel Cashier position grabs the attention of the potential employer and increases the chances to be hired.
- Related: Hotel Cashier Cover Letter
The following sample will help you make an eye-catching resume.
Hotel Cashier Resume Example
Abraham M. Smith
Apt 441, Example Avenue – Houston TX 65555
Customer Service | Communication | Cash Handling
Friendly and courteous hospitality professional with 14 years of successful experience in customer service, cash handling, and front desk capacities. Expert in processing payments through credit cards, checks, and cash. Exceptional customer service and communication skills, and professional manner in the telephone conversation. Strong multitasking aptitude.
Shelton Hotel – Houston TX
May 2013 – Present
• Perform reservation tasks such as checking guests in/out
• Perform guest accounting and cashier functions
• Handle concerns and complaints of guests in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner
• Communicate with the hotel manager about problems
• Promote and upsell items to hotel guests
• Take trays and pushcarts to bring meals to rooms
Room Service Cashier
Holiday Inn – Houston TX
Jul 2007 – May 2013
• Reduced room service costs by $5000 annually by negotiating with vendors
• Set up delivery cart and beverages
• Accurately confirmed the food order by communicating the information to the kitchen or bar to fulfill
• Recorded food orders and processed payments
• Collected bill and ensured the guest signed the bill
• Answered phones and provided relevant information to callers
Houston City College, Houston, TX – 2005
• Info genesis
• Property Manager
• Ability to stand and walk for the period of the shift
• Basic mathematics and calculation skills to process payments
Note: This sample of Hotel Cashier Resume is written to get an idea to build or update your own resume. You may add some more sections and bullet points per job requirements and your specific skills.