Your resume for the hotel guest service agent position is a unique reflection of who you are and what you are capable of doing professionally. So, keep the document formal and professional.
In your resume, you have to:
• Exclusively focus on the relevant details of your candidacy.
• Highlight the unique characteristics of your profile in an appealing manner.
• Take up the tone that the prospective employer has used in the job advertisement.
Sample Resume for Hotel Guest Service Agent Position
78 Sunset Avenue
Itasca, IL 89314
helen.dereck @ email . com
HOTEL GUEST SERVICE AGENT
Enthusiastic and respectful Hotel Guest Service Agent, proficient in anticipating and addressing guests’ needs while working efficiently in faced paced environments. Hospitable and self-motivated individual with profound organizational skills, committed to the delivery of high-quality guest services. Particularly effective in implementing customer-first policies, fully familiar with VIP guest protocols.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Room Key Activation
• Housekeeping Coordination
• Query Response
• Services Coordination
• Transportation Arrangements
• Cash Handling & Payment Processing
• Suite/Room Booking
Hotel Guest Service Agent
MARRIOTT INTERNATIONAL, Itasca, IL
June 2013 – Present
• Saved annual cost of $3000 by negotiating a productive contract with a third-party transportation service provider.
• Reduced the front desk operational costs by 12% through the implementation of cost-effective methods.
• Run and check daily reports, contingency lists, and credit card authorization reports.
• Coordinate with housekeeping department to track room status and availability.
• Answer, record, and process all guest calls and concerns.
• Arrange transportation services for guests and visitors.
• Cash guests’ checks and process all types of payments received.
• Secure guest payments activate, issue, and re-issue room keys.
• Process check-in, check-out, and room change requests in a timely manner.
Guest Service Assistant
FOUR SEASONS HOTEL, Itasca, IL
March 2010 – May 2013
• Cut-down room service time by 5 minutes on average by rescheduling the housekeeping duty allocation.
• Attracted additional business worth $1.2M by demonstrating excellent guest service-oriented work attitude.
• Assisted in setting up breakfast and prep services as needed.
• Responded to guest queries regarding hotel services, facilities, and tariffs.
• Followed the hotel’s cash and credit handling policies while charging guests for the services rendered.
• Performed front desk-related functions including guest check-ins and checkouts.
• Carried out bookkeeping activities and balanced accounts.
• Greeted the guests upon arrival and offered assistance in a respectful and courteous manner.
• Coordinated and ensured timely service of conference rooms.
Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management
SOME COLLEGE, Itasca, IL – 2010
• Extensive knowledge of PMS system
• Strong telephone etiquette