A Hotel Front Desk Clerk is the first individual who greets visitors and hotel guests. S(he) lists guests and offers them rooms as per guests’ requirements.
S(he) has to ensure that the hotel makes good revenue by making the guests happy.
They must be competent enough to reply to questions regarding the price of rooms, amenities, and hotel services, deliver keys and assist guests in switching rooms. Also, they should be able to operate the hotel’s computer and software.
In small hotels, they might process incoming and outgoing mail, receive payments in cash or through credit cards, record accounts, handle reservations, control the telephone switchboard, and perform simple bookkeeping.
When applying for the Hotel Front Desk Clerk job, a well-written resume is required to grab the attention of the employer.
In your Resume, you should emphasize your administrative and customer service skills and experience.
You should also draw attention to your ability to effectively interact with people as well as your excellent typing, phone, and bookkeeping skills.
This information will increase your chances of getting an excellent job as a Hotel Front Desk Clerk.
Also, use this Hotel Front Desk Cover Letter to make a perfect job application.
Hotel Front Desk Clerk Resume Example
921 9th Street
Bossier City, LA 65288
HOTEL FRONT DESK CLERK
Poised to utilize my exceptional clerical and customer service skills to improve the customer base and maximize the profitability of ABC Hotel.
• Over 11 years of hands-on experience in the front desk and customer service field.
• Highly skilled in greeting, registering, and assigning rooms to guests in a polite and resourceful manner.
• Able to accompany guests to different facilities and functions in the hotel.
• Expert in computing bills, collecting payments, and giving change.
• Proven record of performing tasks as mentioned on the daily checklist.
• Demonstrated ability to answer inquiries about hotel services, shopping, dining, and travel directions.
• Profound ability to process cash transactions accurately.
Hotel Front Desk Clerk
Caesars Entertainment – Bossier City, LA
Mar 2017 – Present
• Greet and register guests and offer them services and room rates
• Handle guest check-in and checkouts professionally and in a welcoming and specialized manner
• Issue room key and forward instructions to Bell Person
• Make changes and confirm reservations using the Lodging Management Systems
• Keep records of room availability and guests’ accounts
• Post charges for food, room, drinks, and telephone to the system and manual ledger
• Maintain the hotel’s high standard of service and hospitality
• Provide the maximum quality of service to the guests
• Verify that all updated reports have been run
• Date stamp, arrange and track incoming mail
Front Desk Clerk
Belterra Resort & Spa – Lake Charles, LA
Dec 2011 – Mar 2017
• Assisted guests with standard services and answered any general questions
• Ensured that all wake-up calls were handled on time and appropriately.
• Posted charges of room, food and beverage, and phone, and calculated guest bills using the online system
• Represented the Hotel regarding guest complaints and situations that require instant action
• Collected payment following all cash handling rules
• Arranged Housekeeping Reports
• Ensured the desk was always attended
High School Diploma –
Lake Charles High School, Lake Charles, LA
• MS Word and Excel
• Internet, Email, and Social Media
• Typing speed: 60 words per minute
• Fax machine, photocopier, and printer operation
Able to communicate in English and Spanish
• Excellent customer service skills
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Able to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays
Hotel Front Desk Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet guests and patrons as they arrive
- Ask if guests have a prior booking
- Manage the registration process
- Ask for identification and ensure that the provided credentials are accurate
- Handle guest check-ins and check-outs appropriately
- Operate hotel switchboard, take calls and provide information, and transfer calls
- Manage precise accounting of all rooms
- Provide guests with room keys and call for bellboys
- Take reservations over the telephone, through emails, and in person
- Answer queries regarding the hotel’s services, charges, dining facilities, sports facilities, and travel directions
- Refer guests to appropriate departments to resolve complaints or provide suggestions
- Compute bills and take payments
- Provide guests with directions around the hotel
- Contact housekeeping and maintenance departments when a problem is reported
- Explain the appropriate use of keys and ensure that guests are satisfied with the rooms allotted to them
- Balance cash at the end of the shift and generate accounting reports for the benefit of the next shift