A Hotel Front Desk Clerk is the first individual who greets visitors and hotel guests. S(he) list guests and offer them rooms as per guest’s requirements.
S(he) has to ensure that the hotel makes good revenue while making the guests happy.
These professionals must be competent enough to reply questions regarding the price of rooms, amenities and hotel services, deliver keys, and assist guests in switching rooms.
They should able to operate the hotel’s computer and software.
In small hotels, they might process incoming and outgoing mail, receive payments in cash or through credit cards, record accounts, handle reservations, control the telephone switchboard, and perform simple bookkeeping.
When applying for the Hotel Front Desk Clerk job, a well-written resume is required to grab the attention of the employer.
In your Resume, you should emphasize on your administrative and customer service skills and experience.
You should also draw attention towards your ability to effectively interact with people as well as your excellent typing, phone, and bookkeeping skills.
This information will increase your chances of getting an excellent job of Hotel Front Desk Clerk.
Also, use this Hotel Front Desk Cover Letter to make a perfect job application.
Hotel Front Desk Clerk Resume Example
921 9th Street, Bossier City, LA 65288
HOTEL FRONT DESK CLERK
Poised to utilize exceptional clerical and customer service skills to improve the customer base and maximize profitability.
• Over 11 years’ hands-on experience in front desk and customer service.
• Highly skilled in greeting, registering, and assigning rooms to guests in a polite and resourceful manner.
• Able to direct and accompany guests to different facilities and functions in the hotel.
• Expert in computing bill, collecting payment, and giving change.
• Proven record of performing tasks as mentioned on the daily checklist.
• Demonstrated ability to answer inquiries about hotel services, shopping, dining, and travel directions.
• Profound ability to process cash transactions accurately
Hotel Front Desk Clerk
Caesars Entertainment – Bossier City, LA | Mar 2010 – Present
• Welcome and register guests and offer them services and room rates
• Handle guest check-in and checkouts professionally and in a welcoming and specialized manner
• Issue room key and forward instructions to Bell Person
• Make changes and confirm reservations using the Lodging Management Systems
• Keep records of room availability and guests’ accounts
• Post charges for food, room, liquor and telephone to the system and manual ledger
• Maintain the hotel’s high standard of service and hospitality
• Provide the maximum quality of service to the guests
• Verify that all updated reports have been run
• Date stamp, arrange and track incoming mail
Front Desk Clerk
Belterra Resort & Spa – Lake Charles, LA | Dec 2007 – Mar 2010
• Assisted guests with standard services and answered any general questions
• Ensured that all wake-up calls were handled on time and appropriately.
• Posted charges of room, food and beverage, phone, and calculate guest bills using the online system
• Represented the Hotel regarding guest complaints and situations that require instant action
• Collected payment following all cash handling rules
• Arranged Housekeeping Reports
• Ensured the desk was always attended
High School Diploma – 2007
Lake Charles High School, Lake Charles, LA
• MS Word and Excel
• Internet, Email and Social Media
• Typing speed: 60 words per minute
• Fax machine, photocopier, and printer operation
Able to communicate in English and Spanish
• Excellent customer service skills
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Able to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays