Resumes for a Homemaker position needs to have something extra in terms of compassionate care and household management skills.
Homemakers are famous personal service workers who work through placement companies and in a private capacity as well. Therefore, when you are writing a resume for this position, you need to provide information akin to your knowledge of managing household work efficiently.
They perform a lot of duties within their client’s houses which may include cleaning and dusting, mopping, laundry, shopping, and cooking. While these are the primary duties of a homemaker, they are also expected to perform childcare or personal care duties.
Sample Resume for Homemaker Position
4753 Greyhound Gulch Road
Keystone, SD 68790
Enthusiastic and reliable Homemaker with five years’ experience in providing personal assistance, general support, and companionship for clients living in their homes. Vastly experienced in performing home management and housekeeping activities including vacuuming, sweeping, and dusting. Passionate about helping the elderly and improving their quality of life.
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Multilingual: Portuguese, Spanish, and English
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Meal preparation
- Resident Safety
Core Placement Services – Keystone, SD
Mar 2015 – Present
- Perform home management tasks including cleaning and laundry.
- Wash dishes and tidy inside of the house including kitchens and bathrooms.
- Decide what cleaning duties need to be performed and what materials are required.
- Ensure that all cleaning materials are available at all times.
- Shop for groceries and other household items as required.
- Cook food and prepare snacks.
- Maintain household budgets and ensure that all bills are paid promptly.
- Managed the household budget in a manner that engendered 20% savings in groceries.
- Supervised two children of a family while performing homemaking tasks.
ABC Company – Keystone, SD
Jun 2008 – Mar 2015
- Provided childcare services for two years’ old kid.
- Changed diapers and performed bathing and grooming activities.
- Prepared nutritious meals and snacks.
- Prepared formula and fed the baby according to schedule.
- Completed light housekeeping activities.
- Handled a medical emergency efficiently by employing quick thinking and rushing the baby to the hospital in time.
- Offered two bonuses in a single year following excellence in performing job duties.
High School Diploma
Keystone High School, Keystone, SD
- Friendly and calm nature
- Known to perform efficiently under stressful conditions
- A flexible attitude with the ability to work overnight
LICENSURE & CERTIFICATION
Current driver’s license with an insured automobile
“I am committed to create and maintain a safe, clean, and orderly environment.”