Are you unsure of what to write in your resume for personal care attendant position?
The best way to find out what employers want to see in a resume is to think like an employer.
An employer would want you to provide information about yourself and how you could become the right candidate.
Following is a resume example along and this Personal Care Attendant Cover Letter to help you in your job application process.
Personal Care Attendant Resume Example
DOROTHY LEE, CNA
1234 Langston Road, Timmonsville – SC 22333
PERSONAL CARE ATTENDANT
Providing compassionate care to people who have trouble looking after their needs.
Over six years’ practical experience in providing personal care services to clients of different ages. Exceptional skills in assisting clients in the activities of daily living and providing 24/7, compassionate care.
• Unique ability to provide services to residents with spinal cord injuries, transverse myelitis and ventilator dependents
• Demonstrated ability to record vitals and administer medicines
• Prepares nutritious meals as per diet plan and performs basic housekeeping duties
• Activity engagement
• Medication reminders
• Supportive care
• Provide residents and patients will healthcare assistance such as monitoring vitals, blood sugar, and medication
• Prepare meals and perform light housekeeping tasks
• Accompany patients to appointments
• Assist residents and patients with simple self-use equipment
• Report any discrepancy in patient behavior or state to the nurse or doctor
• Implemented a series of activities for residents in order to promote socializing amongst them and with outside parties
• Supervised a team of six casual employees
• Provided respite services to the clients at home
• Supported in independent living and community integration
• Administered medication, health, safety, and routine living skills
• Provided companionship in socialization
• Assisted clients in community integration
California State Certified Nursing Assistant | Current
San Diego Community College, San Diego, CA | 2008
Associate’s Degree in Personal Care
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Well versed in using tracheotomies and ventilators
• Able to maintain the confidentiality of information