When going through piles of carer resumes, employers generally pick up your resume wanting to quickly screen it out. Your goal is to get your resume screened in. It is difficult these days to get screened in for any job, carer positions are no exception. Here is what you can do to your resume in order to earn yourself a well deserved interview.
Try to understand the employer’s needs and find out as much as possible about their preferences. This can be done firstly through the job advertisement and secondly through this awesome invention called the internet. Once you have ascertained the prospective employer’s demands, start writing a summary of your profile, showcasing the skills which are the employer’s priority. The summary should follow a core competencies section. Mention the areas of your expertise here. Support your claims with a well built, achievement focused experience section.
Following is an example of a well written resume for carer position to guide applicants.
Carer Resume Sample
fiona . henry @ email . com
308 Unix Ave ● Brooklyn, NY 78831
Cellular: (009) 333-2222 ● Home: (006) 777-6666
❖❖ CARER / PERSONAL CARE PROVIDER ❖❖
Compassionate, sophisticated and conscientious professional offering 5+ years’ experience in personal care capacities. Inborn passion to care for elderly and disabled clients. Exceptional rapport building and interpersonal skills. Possess a valid driver’s License with reliable vehicle. CPR and First Aid certified.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|♦ Personal care||♦ Hygiene maintenance||♦ Domestic assistance|
|♦ Social support||♦ Companionship||♦ Record keeping|
|♦ Medicine administration||♦ Personal grooming||♦ Emergency management|
|♦ Exercise support||♦ Cooking and feeding||♦ Errands running|
Carer | Five Star Care, Brooklyn, NY | February 2009 – Present
• Assist the clients in personal care and grooming
• Cook hygienic and appetizing meals for clients and assist in feeding
• Provide quality companionship to the clients
• Accompany the clients to doctor and park visits
• Communicate with the family regarding changes on clients’ condition
• Initiated social activity groups for the elderly at the facility
• Built fruitful rapport with a particularly depressed client proficiently
House Keeper | Good Maids, Brooklyn, NY | July 2007 – January 2009
• Cleaned, swept and dusted the allocated premises
• Carried out laundry for the clients
• Disposed off trash in environment friendly manner
• Helped in the kitchen as and when required
• Earned the best housekeeper award in 2007 and 2009
• Assisted in renovating and cleaning premises comprising of 25 rooms for an elderly care facility in seven days during the holiday season effectively
SAINT PATRICK HIGH SCHOOL, Brooklyn, NY, 2007
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
• Willing to work on weekends
Last updated on