When going through piles of carer resumes, employers generally pick up your resume wanting to screen it out quickly. Your goal is to get your resume screened in.
It is difficult these days to get screened in for any job, carer positions are no exception. Here is what you can do to your resume to earn yourself a well-deserved interview.
Try to understand the employer’s needs and find out as much as possible about their preferences. This can be done first through the job advertisement and secondly through this remarkable invention called the internet. Once you have ascertained the prospective employer’s demands, start writing a summary of your profile, showcasing the skills which are the employer’s priority.
The summary should follow a core competencies section. Mention the areas of your expertise here. Support your claims with a well built, achievement focused experience section.
Following is an example of a well-written resume for carer position to guide applicants.
Carer Resume Example
308 Unix Ave ● Brooklyn, NY 78831
❖❖ CARER / PERSONAL CARE PROVIDER ❖❖
Compassionate, sophisticated and conscientious professional offering 5+ years’ experience in personal care capacities. Inborn passion for caring for elderly and disabled clients. Exceptional rapport building and interpersonal skills. Possess a CURRENT Driver’s License with a reliable vehicle. CPR and First Aid certified.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|♦ Personal care||♦ Hygiene maintenance||♦ Domestic assistance|
|♦ Social support||♦ Companionship||♦ Recordkeeping|
|♦ Medicine administration||♦ Personal grooming||♦ Emergency management|
|♦ Exercise support||♦ Cooking and feeding||♦ Errands running|
Five Star Care, Brooklyn, NY | 2009 – Present
• Assist the clients in personal care and grooming
• Cook hygienic and appetizing meals for clients and assist in feeding
• Provide quality companionship to the clients
• Accompany the clients to doctor and park visits
• Communicate with the family regarding changes on clients’ condition
• Initiated social activity groups for the elderly at the facility
• Built fruitful rapport with a particularly depressed client proficiently
Good Maids, Brooklyn, NY | 2007-2009
• Cleaned, swept and dusted the allocated premises
• Carried out laundry for the clients
• Disposed off trash in environment friendly manner
• Helped in the kitchen as and when required
• Earned the best housekeeper award in 2007 and 2009
• Assisted in renovating and cleaning premises comprising of 25 rooms for an elderly care facility in seven days during the holiday season effectively
SAINT PATRICK HIGH SCHOOL, Brooklyn, NY, 2007
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
• Willing to work on weekends
Last updated on