The position of carer pertains to special needs children which makes it a job of sensitive nature.
One needs the right blend of carer skills and knowledge of cognitive and psychosocial developmental milestones to qualify for the position.
The CV for the same must, therefore, should also reflect a deep understanding of the needs of disabled children along with extensive skills in providing the required care.
Carer for Children with Disabilities CV Sample
786 Buckhead Avenue, Bogansville, NSW 2630
Carer for Children with Disabilities
Compassionate and trained carer with a special interest in children with disabilities. Considerable knowledge of cognitive and psychosocial developmental milestones in children with special needs. Particularly effective in grooming, educating, and providing behavioral training to children with disabilities.
• Expert in the promotion of independent living skills
• Demonstrated ability to instill appropriate behavioral, personal care, and social skills
• Adept at developing and implementing IHGs (Individualized Habilitation Goals)
• Able to ensure the emotional well being of physically and mentally challenged individuals
• In-depth understanding of the impact of disability on social functioning and plan implementation to minimize the same
• Well versed in coordinating effectively with the teachers and parents of children with disabilities regarding their day to day progress and challenges
Fiona’s Child Carer Services, Bogansville, NSW
August 2014 – Present
• Maintain a healthy, stimulating environment to keep the pupils motivated to participate in activities
• Assist the children in daily life activities as and when needed
• Set individualized goals for each pupil and achieve the same within allotted time frames
• Accompany and supervise the child/children during playtime and arrange outings for interaction with kids in mainstream
• Assisted in organizing a nationwide painting competition for special needs children in collaboration with the UNICEF in December 2013
Little Angels Institute, Bogansville, NSW
July 2009 – August 2014
• Assisted children in personal hygiene like bathing, dressing, feeding, nails trimming, combing, brushing, and the like
• Kept personal portfolios updated with records of all activities conducted and improvement gauged
• Interacted and coordinated with the parents regularly regarding their child’s progress
• Fluent in teaching and usage of sign language
• CPR Trained
• Valid driver’s license
BS in Special Education
Fame Hall University, Bogansville, NSW | 2009