A carer is a very rewarding position but the competition for the job is also very high. In order to get an interview, you will need to supplement your resume with an excellent cover letter.
Remember relevant cover letters are appealing, while irrelevant ones are a mere waste of time.
How to Write a Perfect Cover Letter for Carer Position?
The following is a carer cover letter checklist that might come in handy as you write your carer cover letter:
- Convey your career objective in the first paragraph
- Use a professional format and layout
- Relates your profile to the carer job in the second paragraph
- Instill the enthusiasm
- Do not demand salary unless asked by the employer
- Use simple language
Here is a carer cover letter sample to give you some valuable ideas as you write your own.
Sample Cover Letter for Carer Position
650 Jasmine Ave
Ohio, TX 45002
December 5, 2020
Mr. Kevin Peterson
HR In Charge
Old Age Care Facility
744 Flagship Lane
Ohio, TX 45002
Dear Mr. Peterson:
Do you seek a carer for your newly built facility in Ohio who is:
- Compassionate, reliable, and detail-oriented?
- Experienced in providing exceptional personal caregiving?
- Upbeat courteous and client service-oriented?
If so, then seek no more because I am your candidate. My resume is enclosed for your consideration.
After reading your job advertisement, I was excited to find out that my profile is in tune with your requirements for the position:
- Hands-on experience in providing personal care and companionship to the elderly and terminally ill persons.
- Adept at housekeeping, cooking meals as per special dietary consideration, and feeding the clients.
- CPR and First Aid Certified.
- Current driver’s license holder with a clean driving record, and a reliable vehicle.
Furthermore, my rapport building skills render me an ideal candidate to work for the older adults. My previous employer will also verify my exceptional interpersonal and remarkable companionship skills.
I would like to discuss the position with you in detail. To suit the purpose, I will call you Friday to implore a convenient date and time for an interview. I am available at (000) 845-7258 to answer any queries you might have for me.
Thank you for your time and consideration.