A carer is a very rewarding position that’s why the competition for the job is very high. To get an interview, you need to supplement your resume with an excellent cover letter.
Remember relevant cover letters are appealing while irrelevant ones are a mere waste of time.
Following is a cover letter checklist that might come in handy as you write your carer cover letter:
• The first paragraph conveys your career objective loud and clear
• The letter has a professional format and layout
• The main body relates your profile to the job
• Enthusiasm is instilled in the letter throughout
• The letter does not contain salary demand unless asked by the employer
• The language is simple and easily comprehensible
Here is a carer cover letter sample to give you some valuable ideas as you write your own.
Carer Cover Letter Example
650 Jasmine Ave
Ohio, TX 45002
May 26, 2018
Mr. Kevin Peterson
HR In Charge
Old Age Care Facility
744 Flagship Lane
Ohio, TX 45002
Dear Mr. Peterson:
Do you seek a carer for your newly built facility in Ohio who is:
• Compassionate, reliable and trained in personal assistance?
• Experienced in personal caregiving?
• Upbeat courteous and client service-centered?
If so, seek no more. My resume is enclosed for consideration.
I read your job advertisement yesterday at indeed and was excited to find out that my profile is in tune with your requirements for the position:
• Hands on experience in providing personal care and companionship to the elderly and terminally ill persons.
• Adept at housekeeping, cooking meals as per special dietary consideration and feeding the clients.
• CPR and First Aid Certified.
• Valid driver’s license holder with a clean driving record, owner of a reliable vehicle.
Furthermore, my rapport building skills render me an ideal candidate to work with the elderly. My previous employer will also verify my exceptional interpersonal and remarkable companionship skills.
I would like to discuss the position with you in detail. To suit the purpose, I will call you coming Friday to implore a convenient date and time for an interview. I am available at (000) 444-3333 to answer any queries you might have for me.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Last updated on