A personal carer takes care of residents and clients.
They need to posses compassionate nature and should be able to enjoy looking after the elderly and frail with dedication.
To apply for this position, the applicant should hold a valid visa and work permit of Australia.
A Personal Carer may also be required to own a motor vehicle with comprehensive insurance as this role involves extensive traveling and night work.
See also: Personal Carer Cover Letter
The following resume example will help you write your compelling resume and obtain a personal carer job successfully.
Personal Carer Resume Example
PERRY JOE WOOD
2019 Ray Enclave | Sydney, NSW 4099 | Contact # | Email
Efficiently providing quality care based on clients’ needs that promote quality of life and enhances the ability of individuals to maintain their independence.
- 8+ years’ hands-on experience in different personal care capacities
- Demonstrated ability to maintain independence and dignity concerning activities of lifestyle
- Highly skilled in providing residents with nutrition and bedside support
- Able to ensure the resident’s care and grooming
- Expert in preparing nutritious meals
- Able to perform housekeeping, errands and other domestic tasks
- Current first aid certificate
- Driver’s License and own a reliable vehicle
- Achieved 2nd position in the Meal preparation and light housekeeping out of 150 Carers
- Got a certificate of ‘Proven ability to work in a team environment.’
PERSONAL CARE EXPERIENCE
We Care –Broadway, NSW | 4/2012 — Present
- Provide personal hygiene (washing, showering, and toileting)
- Assist in grooming, and getting in and out of bed
- Perform laundry and other cleaning tasks
- Run errands, and manage household maintenance and repairs tasks
- Provide and assist clients in leisure activities.
Willing ways – Melbourne, Vic | 01/2009 — 03/2012
- Established a relationship of trust and respect with clients
- Undertook group as well as individual therapy on occasions
- Accepted without bias the issues raised by clients
- Encouraged clients to talk about issues they feel they cannot usually share with others
- Kept records and utilized reporting tools
Associate Degree in Health Sciences
The University of Queensland- Brisbane, QLD | 2008
• GPA 3.01
• Major Project providing Hi-Tech infrastructure and Health Awareness Program
Diploma in Psychopathology and Nursing
- Strong teamwork skills
- Hardworking and dedicated
- High standards of cleanliness and personal hygiene
- Active and aware of ethical values