A well-crafted resume is crucial when applying for a job at Tim Hortons. Hiring managers often glance quickly at resumes to determine their potential value. To increase your chances of getting noticed, it’s important to write your resume diligently and include relevant information.
In this guide, we will provide you with a sample resume for a team member position at Tim Hortons and offer valuable tips on how to create a standout resume that grabs the hiring manager’s attention. Whether you’re an experienced professional or just starting your career, our comprehensive guide will help you showcase your skills and qualifications effectively.
Remember, a resume is not only a document; it’s an opportunity to make a strong first impression. Let’s dive in and learn how to write a winning Tim Hortons resume!
Sample Resume for Tim Hortons Team Member Job
322 Grandeur Ave
james @ email . com
Customer service-oriented team member with 5+ years of experience in the food service and cashiering field. Expert in greeting customers, and guiding them regarding the menu and specialties of the day. Ability to take and prepare orders, prepare coffee and donuts, and collect payments. Sound knowledge of various types of coffee and bakery specialties. Proficient in operating POS and electronic inventory systems.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Food Service – Cash Drawer Operation
– Bill Generation – Food Packaging
– Order Synchronization – Material Replenishing
– Inventory Keeping – POS Operation
– Communication – Food Items Display
– Kitchen Assistance – Order Processing
ABC Restaurant, Toronto, ON
Sep 2020 – Present
• Greet customers and guide them regarding products available on the menu
• Take guest’s orders and process the same quickly
• Pack or serve the ordered meals as per client preference
• Provide timely and courteous food and beverage services
• Generate bills and collect payments
• Up-sold hand-brewed latte by 50% through effective promotion of the technique and specialty.
• Reduced order processing time by up to 10% by implementing time-economizing strategies for order compilation and processing.
• Introduced cost-effective takeaway packaging, reducing overhead costs by $5000 per month.
CAFÉ 26, Whitby, ON
Aug 2018 – Sep 2020
• Greeted customers and took their orders
• Forwarded the orders and generated bills
• Collected and processed payments in cash and through credit cards
• Responded to customer queries regarding menu items and billing
Graduated in 2017
ABC High School, Lindsay, ON
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to outperform in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment
How to Write a Great Resume for a Job at Tim Hortons?
Writing a great resume for a job at Tim Hortons requires a careful combination of relevant skills, experience, and a professional presentation. Here are some essential tips to help you craft an effective resume:
1. Heading and Contact Information:
Start with your full name, phone number, email address, and LinkedIn profile (if applicable). Make sure your contact information is clear and easy to locate.
2. Objective Statement or Profile Summary:
Begin your resume with a strong objective statement or profile summary. Tailor it to highlight why you are interested in working at Tim Hortons and how your skills align with the position.
3. Key Skills:
List your relevant skills, such as customer service, cash handling, food preparation, teamwork, and time management. Be specific and provide examples of how you have applied these skills in previous roles.
4. Work Experience:
Detail your work experience in reverse chronological order. Include the company name, job title, dates of employment, and a brief description of your responsibilities and achievements. Prioritize any experience in the food service industry or positions that involve customer interaction.
Mention your highest level of education, relevant certifications, and any additional training that may be pertinent to the position.
6. Volunteering or Extracurricular Activities:
If you have volunteered or participated in activities that demonstrate skills applicable to the job, include them to showcase your well-roundedness and dedication.
You may include references or state “References available upon request” at the end of your resume.
8. Professional Appearance:
Ensure your resume is clean, well-structured, and free from errors. Use bullet points and proper formatting to make it easy to read.
9. Customize it:
Tailor your resume to the specific job requirements at Tim Hortons. Highlight skills and experiences that directly relate to the position you are applying for.
Before submitting, proofread your resume multiple times to avoid grammatical or spelling mistakes.
Remember, a resume is your opportunity to make a strong first impression. By following these guidelines and showcasing your relevant skills and experience, you can increase your chances of landing an interview for a job at Tim Hortons.