When employers are going through Tim Horton’s resumes, they usually give a quick look to determine whether or not the resume is worth their time.
Here is what you can do to grab their attention in this quick initial manual scan:
• Use a format that is easy to read.
• Allow some white space to relieve the reader’s eye and avoid dense text blocks.
• Start the document with a profile summary that presents the strengths of your candidacy in a nutshell.
• Writing about the duties you performed in the previous work isn’t enough. Mantion what difference you made and how the employer benefited from your contribution.
• Show how your previous experience has prepared you for the current role. Resumes that show progression in skills are always more impressive.
Below is a Resume example for candidates seeking a position at Tim Hortons.
See also: Tim Hortons Cover Letter
Tim Hortons Resume Example
322 Grandeur Ave, Victor, NY 67999
james @ email . com
Customer service-oriented, with 6 years of experience in food service and cashiering. Expert in greeting the guests and guiding them regarding the menu and specialties of the day. Adept at taking and assembling orders, serving warm food and collecting payments. Sound knowledge of various types of coffee and bakery specialties.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Food Service – Cash Drawer Operation
– Bill Generation – Food Packaging
– Order Synchronization – Material Replenishing
– Inventory Keeping – POS Operation
– Communication – Food Items Display
– Kitchen Assistance – Order Processing
• Up-sold hand-brewed latte by 50% through effective promotion of the technique and specialty.
• Reduced order processing time up to 10% by implementing time economizing strategies for order compilation and processing.
• Introduced a cost-effective takeaway packaging which resulted in a cut of $5K in the café’s monthly budget.
Food Counter Attendant
LE CAFÉ BAKERY, Victor, NY
• Greet the customers and guide them regarding products available on the menu
• Take guest’s orders and process the same quickly
• Pack or serve the ordered meals as per client preference
• Provide timely and courteous food and beverage services
• Generate the bill and collect payments
CAFÉ 26, Victor, NY
• Greeted customers and took their orders
• Forwarded the orders and generated customer’s bills
• Collected and processed payments in cash and through credit cards
• Responded to customer queries regarding menu items and billing
Graduated in 2011
YALES HIGH SCHOOL, Victor, NY
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
• Proficient in operating electronic inventory systems